The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Guzm4n's 8G Build

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Showing results 121 to 140 of 207
    A padded shroud will not help since the battery hold down bolts will still be outside the shroud. In my instance, I relocated the battery because my Injen intake would not fit properly after my Diamante plenum swap.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

I'd rather have stock piping with a K&N or some other cone filter than waste $200 on a CAI....

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    A padded shroud will not help since the battery hold down bolts will still be outside the shroud. In my instance, I relocated the battery because my Injen intake would not fit properly after my Diamante plenum swap.
    Since your injen didn't fit right then I'm going to keep the stock piping and do what blue said.

^^It really is pretty much the same thing. I replaced mine only because the resonator close to the TB fell off and the tape would no longer hold up to the summer heat, but up until then I ran the stock tube and specter filter. And in the short year I had the aluminum eBay pipe it had already started to show wear from the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    I'd rather have stock piping with a K&N or some other cone filter than waste $200 on a CAI....
    why?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Not like any real gains will be mad either way, why not just stick with something that will always fit like OEM?

So why not stick with the OEM airbox as well?

OEM is not always better. Take it from someone who works on OEM shit all day everyday. Some of these designs these engineers get paid six-figures for are total garbage. Like they've done a hallucinogen right before they hit the drawing board. OEM is NOT always better.

The "accordian" part of the stock 8G intake alone creates turbulence in the air flow through the intake that it actually decreases airflow going into the throttle body.

I used to think the whole $200 intake was garbage as well but I've seen it enough times to see theres actual advantages to a legit straight through intake than just slapping a cone filter on the stock intake.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

I removed the stock airbox because the intake manifold made the intake pipe more to the right, so I decided to put a filter on so it would be easier to put on the intake pipe.

Jigz, I know that OEM is not always better, they have to do things that may just be 'fine' in order to achieve other goals that are deemed more important.

I'm just saying for the little gains to be had I couldn't justify the $200.

And I would just leave the intake box haha

I was reading in c3g about cutting the intake pipe an inch and a half so it doesn't rub against the battery. Has anyone done this?

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    this is old but.. my solution is just to get a smaller battery

Nice color scheme under the hood

Thanks guys!

The color looks gd bro
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

Guzm4n's 8G Build

Really late update:
    The 5-speed swap was alright, it was a PITA at times (like changing out the shifter cables) but it was also my first time doing something like this. I think it might've been easier if I pulled the engine with the transmission out and just swapped the transmissions outside the car.

Here's some pics from the swap:

So when I was doing the swap my cousin happened to buy 9g in red lol!

The axles, hubs, and knuckles

The auto transmission out

The auto starter plate off

Flywheel on

Exedy clutch on

Manual transmission ready to go on

All done!

It was supposed to be lowered yesterday but something came up, so hopefully I can go low this upcoming weekend.

Okay so I've been thinking about my exhaust setup & wanted to get some opinions. I want to do RPW long tube headers with the eBay piping that comes with the eBay exhaust (since I've read it's not that bad) and a Greddy SP2 muffler. Is this alright or should I do something different?

nice work! looks like youve got a nice shop to work on it in. lots of room!! cars coming along great, keep up the good work!

Guzm4n's 8G Build

Thanks man, that's actually my uncle's garage, in his house, lol! He doesn't keep anything in there so he let me bring all my stuff over & do the swap there, the downside is he lives 45min away.

its a heck of a lot better than doing it on your back in the street on a 30 degree day!

Never heard an actual greddy, but Tsudo makes a replica that I thought sounded nice. If it sounded good on a 4cyl, I imagine it would sound even better on our v6's. You can find em on ebay or the retailer of your choice..just type tsudo sp2

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=bZ3g2...%3DbZ3g2Eg3Qu0

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast