The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Valve lifter noise

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 52
    I think it should be considered that it's an oiling issue. Sure they probably need the lash adjusted but are you getting proper lubrication. Oil pump output tired, any buildup and blockage in the passageways? It's high mileage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ATF trick would help clean out a little bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just changed my oil and oil filter and it went away. Hopefully it stays that way.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

OP asked what ATF.

<---wants to know too.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    besides the engine tick being annoying, does it effect another part of the engine or damage anything? my galant ticks pretty loud but I have no mula ATM

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

While yours is out of mula mine is out of cheddah.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    OP asked what ATF.

<---wants to know too.
    If I remember reading about this before, it was any ATF, doesn't have to be MITSU Diamond SPIII. ATF just has that cleaning property (like they suggest using Diesel to clean the lifters when taking them out of the engine).

Personally, mine were loud, but Dave (RedGalant2k1) suggested changing to AMSOIL and I did that. I've been running AMSOIL for about a year now, and my lifter tick is very minute now (took about 2 oil changes though). Although I do change my oil every 3K even though it's a 15K life oil.

How much is Amsoil? Only place that sells it in the valley is a hot rod race shop.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    How much is Amsoil? Only place that sells it in the valley is a hot rod race shop.
    I buy it online from their website. I run their 0w30 which costs me about $50 for 5qts. www.amsoil.com. They don't have many retailers around.

^^thanks bud I have been wanting to look into it. If same price at race shop I'll buy it there.

When doing a search for the lash adjusters I think the cheapest place I found was a forklift supply store online. Some Clark forklifts have 4g64 engines in them.

would an ordinary oil flush in between oil changes do the trick?

My GTZ has a light lifter tic when it is started from a cold start and goes right away as soon as the engine temp goes up.

A flush will help prevent but will not fix it, Once you hear the tic constantly that part is already worn and will need to be addressed soon.

I had an Izusu Pickup that had over 340k+ miles on it and it had the worse lifer tic I have ever heard and the truck just kept on going I even had them adjusted (not replaced) and it made it quite for awhile but the tic just came back.

do you guys have MBL8 over in the states? a mitsi oil additive that elimenates the lifter tick for a few thou.. its bout $50 for 100ml only need half a bottle. i swear by it..
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

looks like it's only available down under.

how many km does it last? and do you put it everytime you do an oil change? at $50 a pop, that gets expensive...

it lasts a fair bit but i change every 5k or when the lifters start up lol..
    i can ship the stuff over if anyone wants then,its a good addtive and 1 bottle lasts 2 services
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

So, I can't stand it anyymore! I just placed an order for the full set of lifters (revised, larger oil inlet) from PartsDinosaur, $103.00 shipped. Hopefully, these will take care of the problem.
    De que estamos hablando?

let us know if that finally got rid of the tick

My problem when alway with Amsoil Oil 5w30.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast