The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The best manifold for turbo

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

The best manifold for turbo

Just like the title says, I'm looking for the best mani for my turbo build. I have seen everything from the turbo obx tubular ones to the use of the cast 2g ones. So my question is which is the best? And which should i stay away from? I like the look of the tubular ones, but i dont want to buy junk parts either. Not looking for super high boost since my car will stay sohc and auto for a bit. Just looking at collecting parts now.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Experienced TGC Member
    A tubular manifold will give you best results with the individual piping setup. Ivory8g has one on his Galant and spool up response from the turbo was improved. The cast manifolds are a great choice as they are most resistant to high EGTs (Exhaust Gas Temps) so they won't crack like a welded manifold. Don't let this push you away from a tubular manifold though as most are tig welded and hold up quite well. You might want to check which one Ivory8g went with, I can't remember off the top of my head right now...

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

what turbo are you planning on going with? and what are your power goals.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Havent really decided what turbo i plan to go with as of yet. Maybe a stock evo 9 one. Im just trying to get some research in befor i commit to buying parts. And my top goal is to place around 200hp if possible while im still on my auto. Then a 5speed and who knows from there. Looking to make a solid DD that has some get up and go. lol
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!