The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cylinder Head swap onto 9g 2.4L

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Cylinder Head swap onto 9g 2.4L

hello, I'm new here. Yes, I did use the search bar. No, I didn't find any answers. So I apologize if this has been answered already. My timing belt broke on my 2005 Galant ES. Well, instead of paying to have to valves replaced and possibly the head redone, I thought it would be cheapest to just swap over a used low mileage head. Searched Ebay and Craigslist, pickings are slim. Just wondering if a cylinder head from any other Mitsu's would swap over. Maybe an eclipse or lancer? I'm leaving for Basic Training in a week and my father will be bolting everything together for me, so I need it to be a direct fit. I'm not looking for a HUGE performance upgrade either. It's my wife's car, but if I can find a used head with any upgrades as far as lifters, springs, polishing, or cam for about the same price....well, I would certainly think about it. Thanks for your responses and your help.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

4g (06+) eclipse should have your same engine, also you can use: http://car-part.com/
    to locate junkers on your area that have some available.

4g64T 5spd

Also check out the Lancer Ralliarts, Last generation (8G I believe), if memory serves my right they got a 4G69 engine in them...Same as our 2.4...

Okay, so I have found a local salvage shop here in Phoenix that has a cylinder head from a 2004 Galant. They are telling me that their system shown a one year only head used for 2004. And that '05-'07 use a different head. He doesn't know what the difference is, just that his system shows that it is not compatible. From my own research, the 4g69 was used in all galants (as well as outlander, lancer, and a few others) from 2004 and up. Except for Eclipse started in 2006. Can anyone tell me if this head will fit on my 2005 Galant?