The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Megan springz

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Megan springz

Anybody tried the Megan racing lowering springs (1.75" f/r) with some nice struts? Are these gonna be too low for everyday drivin'?

Sent from my brand new unrooted EVO 4G :(

I do one spoon feed a day. Here it is. It doesn't directly answer your question but it's a start.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...=megan+springs

Search function when spelled correctly is like our very own TGC Google.

Not trying to be rude, and I appreciate the "spoon feed", bro. Not quite what I was asking though..

I have been on TGC ever since I first bought my FIRST car, three years ago. I do extensive research on any question I have before making a post, as I know how obnoxious it is to have a cluttered forum with a bunch of noobs posting up the same things over and over.

The point of this post was to get an opinion from somebody who has tried the product, and can either: endorse it, or steer me away from it.

If this is how it's gonna be every time I post here, I'll just quit using TGC, go somewhere more informative.

btw, that link you gave me is for the 8g's, which have totally different spring rates than our cars do. they are way heavier. the ride could be completely diff between a 7g on megan's and an 8g on megan's. Not trying to be a dick, just clarifying what my OP was about

They're megan. They're shit.

/thread.

Quote Originally Posted by rockingout92 View Post

The point of this post was to get an opinion from somebody who has tried the product, and can either: endorse it, or steer me away from it.

If this is how it's gonna be every time I post here, I'll just quit using TGC, go somewhere more informative.
    Guess you should have mention that. TGC is very informative, not trying to get you to leave or stay, but under the suspension section for all generations there is 2 sticks on suspension Where 6,7,8,9 G guys post up on all sorts of springs an coil overs.

Just bit more research and clarification would have taken this in another direction.

Alright, sorry for the miscommunication

Megans are usually on the stiff side which still isnt hard like coilovers. but if your going to run them i would upgrade shocks to agx, tokico illumina or koni's.
    The lowest youll probably get on any spring is about 2 inchs which still leave plenty of ride height to navigate up and down inclines like drive ways etc.

Make sure you check pricing if your getting close to that $600 mark just by coilovers

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

^^^If you're gonna buy koni's and blue will tell you this too, may as well get better springs than megan.

Megans arent bad i prefer them over my teins.

<<----Pair Tein's/Koni's before Megan/koni's just my 2ยข.

I had teins/agx and then megan/agx . What makes a spring better is up to the buyer i liked the lower drop and higher spring rate over the teins.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    I had teins/agx and then megan/agx . What makes a spring better is up to the buyer i liked the lower drop and higher spring rate over the teins.
    Agreed. It really does come down to personal overall preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    x2 i had stechs, the megans are better imo. cept the SHITTY paint job.. thanks megan... but they were like 70 bucks cheaper too :D

Don't know about megans but I have Sprint Springs for sale they do a 2.00 drop all around and have I have KYB shocks for sale too if your interested man.
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    My First suspension purchase was Eibach Ground Controls, with KYB AGX's. i had that setup for about 4 years. Honestly i think one of the AGX's gave out on me right away, and have never been really "sure" about their support. The eibach springs alone were good to me.
    I replaced that setup with the Megan fully adjustable system. I feel that the shock is better than the AGX, and my onlt qualm with the sring is that i had to fully adjust it out to find a lowerd ride height that will work for my wheels (Evo X 18x8.5) and not rub. It is more expensive than just the springs, but well worth the investment.

Ialso added a couple of other things at the same time.

How the car sits now