The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2g dsm parts....

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    4g64turbo

2g dsm parts....

i sold my 2g turbo eclipse and i still have a few parts and im wanting to know if i can use them on my galant??? i am doing the kia dohc swap too, i have adjustable cam gears, 750 injectors, and a new clutch kit, bc springs and retainers... thanks for all the help....

you can use the clutch kit if you are 5 speed. 750 injectors can be used once you are turbo and able to scale them in the ECU, not sure on the cam gears, and also not sure on the springs or retainers.

4g64turbo
    Thanks!!

4g64turbo
    That's a 3g trans right?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Yes, 3g trans, you'll need the 2g starter and starter plate, 2g flywheel and 2g flywheel bolts in order to use the 2g clutch kit you have. Injectors yes, I think you'll need a resistor box if they are low impedance. Don't know anything on the rest of the stuff.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 07-27-2011 at 04:08 PM

4g64T 5spd

4g64turbo
    Thanks for all the info!!

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Yes, 3g trans, you'll need the 2g starter and starter plate, 2g flywheel and 2g flywheel bolts in order to use the 2g clutch kit you have. Injectors yes, I think you'll need a resistor box if they are low impedance. Don't know anything on the rest of the stuff.
    2g and 3g clutches are the same, i ran a 3g flywheel with a 2g clutch and had no issues....u wont need the 2g starter if u use a 3g flywheel, on the i4, u dont need the starter plate, its the same

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    2g and 3g clutches are the same, i ran a 3g flywheel with a 2g clutch and had no issues....u wont need the 2g starter if u use a 3g flywheel, on the i4, u dont need the starter plate, its the same
    That info should be posted on the 5spd tut, thanks for the clarifications

4g64T 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    That info should be posted on the 5spd tut, thanks for the clarifications
    np, but remember this is for i4 swaps only, on the v6 u definitely need the starter plate

4g64turbo
    Thanks everyone for the info, now what about the springs and retainers, cam gears, and I forgot I got a 255 fuel pump....please let me know if I can reuse these parts....

From Our How To Turbocharge by jonathan:
    You can use a fuel pump for a 1995-99 eclipse turbo models made by walbro or whoever but make sure its 190lph or more or atleast the stock evo level. Tearstone.com has a great writeup on how to fit these fuel pumps. Essentially you trim the fuel filter sock at the bottom to allow the pump and sock to fit in and the fuel pump housing to close perfectly.
    Said writeup:
    http://tearstone.com/shop/Fuel-Pump-...us/Galant.html

4g64T 5spd