The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Running Absurdly rich under boost!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Really, well i'm not trying to push a terrible amount of boost, 8-9lbs, the only reason I did E85 was because Kansas will reimbursed me for the conversion. The 1000cc is in order to compensate for the 30% increase in fuel needed. So the reason my car is bogging down is because of too much fuel and the soch head doesn't flow enough air out of the engine. What I'm curious about is why the car does the same thing when there is no boost at all going to it. Really all that e85 is a 105 octane fuel that is much safer for the engine. I understand that means you can tune your car more aggressively but that doesn't mean you have to, am I wrong?

Because is not a boost problem is a maf, injector and ecu combo. Bro you need to start on the maf them tune them injector and fpr and tune some more. And get the knock sensor.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 07-28-2011 at 06:48 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

i think youre trying to do too many things at once. youre going from a stock galant to turbocharged with evo ecu and e85 and maft at the same time. when changing so many things at once, I find its hard to pinpoint what I added that made things go wrong.

If it were me, I would pull out all the extra stuff, run the evo ecu and evo maf and recirculate the bov and try to get the car running. If it runs OK, then add the maft. After that runs OK, then add the e85.

Before you do anything.....

Do a boost leak test.

I honestly can't believe no one has mentioned this. Nothing will throw off your a/f ratio on a metered car more than a boost leak. Even the tiniest ones can screw you.... l

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

I did a boost leak test making it out of pvc pipe and silicon hose, i'm not sure how well it worked though. I'm going to do it again... last time I did it was two years ago.

Is there any way I could rescale the galant maf to work with the evo ecu. I know that some non-evo lancer guys use the 501 maf on a turbo setup they just rescale it. I would switch to an evo maf, but I don't have one on hand and the earliest I can get it is over a week... as you guys mentioned i'm now removing all the superfluous mods and making it just a normal turbo.

Quote Originally Posted by paparishi90 View Post
    Is there any way I could rescale the galant maf to work with the evo ecu. I know that some non-evo lancer guys use the 501 maf on a turbo setup they just rescale it. I would switch to an evo maf, but I don't have one on hand and the earliest I can get it is over a week... as you guys mentioned i'm now removing all the superfluous mods and making it just a normal turbo.
    It could be done with ECUFlash but like i said i dont think the evo ECU will like the resistor of the 501 MAF to be scale down to the Galant or eclipse. I test it on the Stock PCM and it did not like the settings "I try putting the evo settings to the stock PCM". You could try it. Get a stock galant or eclipse 2.4L rom with a working xml with maf smoothing, filter and scaling. and you could try copy and paste the numbers to the evo maf settings. Like i said the maf dont work alone you need to change the biometric settings and other settings on the rom to get it working. Just try it and let us know. Is a trial and error on this type of programing mods.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 07-29-2011 at 09:41 AM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12