The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Starter Problem Maybe

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

Starter Problem Maybe

so i tried turning my car on today (in the morning so the car was cold) and i just hear a click, so i try again and just another click, then i repeatedly turn the key and the car turns on, anyone have an idea? (after i drove where i had to and the car was warm three hours later it turned on just fine)

Experienced TGC Member
    Bad battery?

sounds like the battery to me too, might not be bad, might just need charging or ur terminals might be loose

actually the day before it died and i had to call my friend to jumpstart it, so i took it to autozone and the guy charged it (an hour later) and i picked it up and he said "the charge looks good, it's a good battery" but the people that work at my local autozone are people i went to high school with XD so i don't trust them too much

yea your starter is goin out..
    u got a v6 ?
    oh oops this is 7g secotion lol

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    yea your starter is goin out..
    u got a v6 ?
    oh oops this is 7g secotion lol
    aww man, wait! XD is that still a possible thing!? XD

if it does it again in the morning tap the starter with your tire iron or something and then try to start it really quickly. that will tell you if its the starter.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    if it does it again in the morning tap the starter with your tire iron or something and then try to start it really quickly. that will tell you if its the starter.
    ahh okay, i heard that before,
    if it is the starter, do you know about how much it'll cost to fix?

are you going to do it yourself? its not hard you just gotta get under the car i think on the 7g's. starter should be 80-100 i would think
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    are you going to do it yourself? its not hard you just gotta get under the car i think on the 7g's. starter should be 80-100 i would think
    yea i don't mind doing it myself, i just wanted to know about how much the part is, im guessing id have to be pretty lucky to find a good one at the junkyard XD

junkyard starter should work. and i am guessing that its the starter if you repeatedly turned the key and it worked. same shit happened to me. then i got stranded.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    junkyard starter should work. and i am guessing that its the starter if you repeatedly turned the key and it worked. same shit happened to me. then i got stranded.
    alright cool, thanks for the help man! i have some shopping to do this weekend haha