The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: track time!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 55 of 55
    Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    lol Except you don't win $300 for being right.
    lol winning $300 for guess the time would be a great bonus to this thread

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    Where you guys find lsd's at?
    http://www.importcarpartsplus.com/3gclutchfw.htm#LSDs
    and I think RRE also sells them.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 08-01-2011 at 08:51 PM

4g64T 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    LSD will still break if launched wrong. look up 1gs and 2g blowing welded center diffs and rear diffs on dumped launches. gotta slip it esp at the track where it has so much more grip than the street.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yes and no. With a true helical gear LSD like the Quaife, if you dump it, you wont break the diff itself, if the shock is too great, it will end up cracking the bell housing, case or breaking the input shaft or wrecking the shaft bearing. Good advice though, you always wanna slip it. So in short, you may not break the diff if you dump it, but you will break something else, so dont dump it.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    Thanks way too much money though. If it was half the price yes.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    actually i do there buddy
    Good to know.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Thanks way too much money though. If it was half the price yes.
    Thats what they cost though. The quaife runs about $975 or so and the WaveTrac about the same price. Both have a lifetime warranty.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Thats what they cost though. The quaife runs about $975 or so and the WaveTrac about the same price. Both have a lifetime warranty.

I see that obx makes some cheapo ones for the evo but i dont think their lsd works with the F5M42? I seen a quife lsd for a 3g eclipse on ebay for 8XX cant remember which tranny though but thats a decent price for what the cite had listed.

The 3g LSD's are the same for V6 and I4. I know this for a fact because I have held them next to each other, plus the quaife in Roman's car was formerly in FrankMB's car which was a V6 which is now Craig's car (Fatal1).

OBX Also makes a 3g one, I think you have to special order it, I think for the cost of the OBX unit and the potential consequences of it going bad, its worth it to invest in a good LSD like quaife or wavetrac. When the LSD goes bad, it destroys the tranny, you need to replace the whole tranny if it blows up. The 2g eclipse FWD and 3g Eclipse diff are the same, except they spin the opposite way. For example, if you found a Kaaz LSD for a 2g GST, you could open it up, reverse the clutch packs, put it back together and it will work in a 3g. You can only do it with Kaaz because its a clutch pack type, with a Wavetrac or Quaife you cant because of the gears.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    The 3g LSD's are the same for V6 and I4. I know this for a fact because I have held them next to each other, plus the quaife in Roman's car was formerly in FrankMB's car which was a V6 which is now Craig's car (Fatal1).

OBX Also makes a 3g one, I think you have to special order it, I think for the cost of the OBX unit and the potential consequences of it going bad, its worth it to invest in a good LSD like quaife or wavetrac. When the LSD goes bad, it destroys the tranny, you need to replace the whole tranny if it blows up. The 2g eclipse FWD and 3g Eclipse diff are the same, except they spin the opposite way. For example, if you found a Kaaz LSD for a 2g GST, you could open it up, reverse the clutch packs, put it back together and it will work in a 3g. You can only do it with Kaaz because its a clutch pack type, with a Wavetrac or Quaife you cant because of the gears.
    Thanks for the great info! i wouldnt risk swapping in a obx lsd unless i had a spare tranny which are hard to find right now. Having a lsd will defiantly be an objective if i keep on with my power/racing goals.

so here we go again!! lol i will be hitting the track on sat and i wont be doing any 3k launches lol!
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

You better run a 14.9!. 4K launch with a little slip? dont do a pre stage burnout they dont help at all lol

You better run a 14.9!. 4K launch with a little slip? dont do a pre stage burnout they dont help at all lol
    correct, unless your running slicks, no burnout, and if you are running slicks on an open diff, dont do that either : )
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

so i just got back from the track and i ran a 15.2 with no issues besides traction.only got 2 runs before the rain hit
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Thats pretty good. I cant wait till im hitting up the strips

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123