The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Projector Fog

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 59 of 59
    Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    I quoted your part about the fusion, it has a 2in lens
    Oh ok thanks I knew it was small. Say I was to get the Fusions or blazers...what's a good way to fill up all that space? My buddy said mesh but i like the bezels and wanna keep them since it matches the grill unless I get like the lancer type mesh.
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDyal View Post
    Oh ok thanks I knew it was small. Say I was to get the Fusions or blazers...what's a good way to fill up all that space? My buddy said mesh but i like the bezels and wanna keep them since it matches the grill unless I get like the lancer type mesh.
    You could perhaps make a shroud from a PVC Cap and put the lens through a hole in the middle, and deppending on your tastes, paint them, or you could wrap the PVC in a carbon fiber vinyl or something. Idk I just pulled that design out of my ass

Hmm interesting....also what do you guys think of this?

http://cmodgrilles.auctivacommerce.c...gn=google_base
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    You could perhaps make a shroud from a PVC Cap and put the lens through a hole in the middle, and deppending on your tastes, paint them, or you could wrap the PVC in a carbon fiber vinyl or something. Idk I just pulled that design out of my ass
    So are you saying to get a 4 in pvc cap, cut a hole and mount the fog and paint it?

00 galant
    This looks pretty sick. I was thinking of doing 'cause I don't have any fog lights in right now 'cause I have a DE, but do they sell the wiring hook up and switch so I can install my own fogs and retrofit the mazda lights?

Quote Originally Posted by JDyal View Post
    Hmm interesting....also what do you guys think of this?

http://cmodgrilles.auctivacommerce.c...gn=google_base
    i heard somewhere that these do no have any mounting tabs

Quote Originally Posted by es_fact View Post
    i heard somewhere that these do no have any mounting tabs
    Really they don't? Well time to convert my grill to 8ga and make a zenki type usdm one

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    There was a member here (I forget his username) who retrofitted 02-06 Maxima (IIRC) projector fog lights on his 8Gb and it worked really well and looked good as well. His G was dark grey...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Ok time to get those

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    There was a member here (I forget his username) who retrofitted 02-06 Maxima (IIRC) projector fog lights on his 8Gb and it worked really well and looked good as well. His G was dark grey...
    ?

02-06 covers 2 generations, the fogs on the 04-06 maxes were built into the heads. Perhaps you mean the guy who retroed the bixenon maxima projectors into an 8G headlight...

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    ?

02-06 covers 2 generations, the fogs on the 04-06 maxes were built into the heads. Perhaps you mean the guy who retroed the bixenon maxima projectors into an 8G headlight...
    No he didnt put them in the heads, I know for sure they were retrofitted into the foglight. I remember him saying they were from a Maxima, but I was taking a guess at the years.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Just found the thread by 03-Galant-ES, I was wrong it was from a MDX not a Maxima, here are the pix:

2nd Mod This is one I just completed today. MDX Halogen Projector.

Tools needed:
    socket set, specifically deep socket 8mm.
    screwdriver
    dremel

Parts Needed not on G:
    MDX Headlight Projectors
    H11 Headlight bulbs
    H11 female/800 series male(H11 and 800 series bulbs use the same basic connector it is only flipped, to get the bulb hooked up to stock fog harness you need to bend back the clip and it works, I tested it, but I wanted a secure connection so I created an adapter)
    hardware from ACE
    mounting bracket(I used a similar piece of aluminum to what you use to secure Cold Air intakes)

Take your stock fog lights off the G 3 8mm nuts.
    Unclip the fog grill that extends out, if you have an 02-03 I think 99-01 doesnt have that piece.

Unscrew the grills and then pop out the stock fog housings and unscrew the screw on the bottom which is used to adjust them.

Dremel the housing to fit the projectors, this can be time consuming, but the stock hole is like 1/2 the size needed, keep test fitting as you go to make sure that it fits nicely.

Then the fun part, once the stock housing is made to fit the projectors you have to come up with a mounting system. I used a screw through the hole where the adjuster screw is normally and ran the aluminum from there to one of the screws on the projectors. I then ran a piece of from the projector to the 3rd separate fog mounting bolt and it is bolted straight onto bumper. Once all your mounts are test fitted you need to go back to the bumper. Where the 2 nuts go that are on the back of the fog housing go there is a strip of plastic that connects them. Take a razor and cut that strip off leaving the 2 holes intact.

With my mounting system I need to partially mount the fog housing then slip the projector in and screw one screw in the projector and then put the last nut on.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=40056
    JDM Zenki Conversion

^ Pretty sweet, the only issues i see is water or debris getting between the exposed projector and bowl. This I might attempt with some fog blazers that are sealed.

^ Pretty sweet, the only issues i see is water or debris getting between the exposed projector and bowl. This I might attempt with some fog blazers that are sealed.
    Yeah IDK if he covered that up or not, but I would hope he did...

On a side note you should look up some threads that Ericbla03 made on here in regards to doing a dual projector retrofit with USDM heads. He did it all the time and was the "go to guy" for getting them made. Just about everyone who had a projector retrofit on TGC back in the day had him make them and ship them back...
    Last edited by IVORY_G; 03-30-2012 at 02:50 PM
    JDM Zenki Conversion

I actually searched myself & couldnt find any threads with him posting a "How To" but here's an old Tutorial I found:
    http://home.comcast.net/~c.tangonan/..._Tutorial.html

Dont know if you saw this already or not...
    Last edited by IVORY_G; 03-30-2012 at 03:12 PM
    JDM Zenki Conversion

I had seen that, it is a nice setup. He was able to get away with it by using those 90mm lights because they have the adjustment built in to how they mount. Most of the Bi-xenon projectors out mount onto the reflector and are adjusted using the factory adjustment. Thanks for digging that up though

I had seen that, it is a nice setup. He was able to get away with it by using those 90mm lights because they have the adjustment built in to how they mount. Most of the Bi-xenon projectors out mount onto the reflector and are adjusted using the factory adjustment. Thanks for digging that up though
    Fasho no prob
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Damn I haven't seen or heard from Steve(03galantes) in a hot minute.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    Damn I haven't seen or heard from Steve(03galantes) in a hot minute.
    I said the same thing...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123