The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: lights lights lghts,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 51

lights lights lghts,

sorry for another thread of 1million in existance BUT please tell me are these sets any good for me? i want to upgrade my low beams to HID, and high beam brighter and fog lamps Brighter

so i found these items.what wil lwork and what wont and whats a waste of time

factory bulbs needed for our lights are

Low Beams: H7
    High Beams: H1
    Front Parks: BA9
    Fogs: H3
    Fog Turning Lamps: 1156 (or BA15S)
    Reverse: 7440
    Front Indicators: 1156 (or BA15S) (if removing orange lens use amber globe)
    Rear Indicators: PY21W (or BAU15S / 7507 (30°offset) Amber)
    Tail/Brake Lights: 7443
    Series 2 Eye level brake light (3): W16W or 921 (also T15 fitment, but a standard T15 globe is lower power)
    Interior Courtesy: 3022 31mm festoon
    Front Door Courtesy: BA9S
    Side Indicators: WY5W (or W5W/194/168/501 Amber)

i found these itmes,whats your thaughtson what to go for??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

i apreciate any hel phere guys,im not too clued up on this HID or Xenon they talk about lol
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Ok well first of all I don't know if you have projectors in headlights, if your planning to use them in a reflector HID will cause large amounts of glare, blind other drivers, and it isn't going to be efficient getting the light to the road where you need it.

With HID you first need to set on the temperature measured in Kelvin(K) (color) you want, OEM Lexus, BMW etc. are 4300K, thats like white with a lil yellow tint, 5000K are white, 6000K white with a lil tint of blue. And so on 4300K gives you the most lumens, better visibility and lumens go down at the same time you go up on the Kelvin.

The second link you posted is for purple/pink HID 25000K, maybe look cool but driving with them will not be cool since light on the road is going to suck big time, your third link is for 12000K that's going to be solid blue I think again lighting will suck.

So your links are for blue, purple/pink HID, no good for lighting up the road,

If you want the best performance retrofit HID projectors if you haven't and get HID's around 4300K, 4500K and 5000K

This is for the HID's I didn't review the halogen bulbs you posted. ANd I haven't had any experience buying HID's from ebay so I can't talk about quality or anything, hope this helps.
    Last edited by OMEGA PHX; 07-31-2011 at 10:45 AM

4g64T 5spd

From my own experience, use a 35W HID bulb in a reflector housing. The JDM heads have a black housing, so glare isn't as bad as a crystal housing. 5000K and 6000K are the best compromise of color and visibility.

Also, I recommend buying HIDs from this site:

www.hidny.com

I bought mine from them, three years of use and they still work great. They come with 5-6 year warranties, IIRC.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

thank you guys and sorry for the post but im not upto the clue on these flash lights,, i will be using them in JDM lights yes so i want what wil lbe best for them.
    and also ihave a set of the projector halo lights on ebay and can i upgrade them to hid aswell or? and how
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

The eBay projectors usually have poor light output. If you're gonna do projectors, I'd do a retro-fit.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

so for low beam is this a good combo then?

HID-101BS > HID Single Beam Basic Conversion Kit

Click To Enlarge

Item #: HID-101BS

* Marked fields are required.

Color: *

Light Blue 12000K

Bulb Size: *

H7

Price

$49.99

as for the fog lights they are PFL VR4 Foglights so have a projectr style setup in them
    Last edited by qcustoms; 07-31-2011 at 03:53 PM
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by hedonism View Post
    nah way too costly .. id only consider spending that amount on when i do the lighting on my project ute,but for my daily hacker its not warrantable spending otrageous amounts llike you do.

the boys have shown me a cost effective way to acheive what i desire thanx
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

I'm sorry if this sounds like a personal attack, it isn't.

People like you who spend 100$ and put a HID kit into their cars are ignorant of the fact that they blind people, are illegal, and are probably worse than regular Halogen bulbs. I was one of these people before, that even when my headlights were pointed down, still blinded the shit out of oncoming traffic.

If you're going to do something, do it right. All I'm saying.

I'm sorry if this sounds like a personal attack, it isn't.

People like you who spend 100$ and put a HID kit into their cars are ignorant of the fact that they blind people, are illegal, and are probably worse than regular Halogen bulbs. I was one of these people before, that even when my headlights were pointed down, still blinded the shit out of oncoming traffic.

If you're going to do something, do it right. All I'm saying.

If they were aimed down and still blinded people you have issues. I have 35w 5k HIDs have them aimed 20ft away and have never had an issue. Even drove behind cops and never a dirty look or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    If they were aimed down and still blinded people you have issues. I have 35w 5k HIDs have them aimed 20ft away and have never had an issue. Even drove behind cops and never a dirty look or anything.
    This.

35W and you won't have an issue. It's the guys running 55W in reflector housings with 10,000K and 12,000K that blind people. Not to mention, you lose your visibility with that temp too. I've been using 6000K, 35W for +3 years, never had an issue with cops, or excessive glare.

-Chris-

I had a 6000k 35W hid kit, and looked SIDEWAYS at my headlights, and couldn't see a thing for a couple of minutes.

Don't have that issue with mine. Dunno what to tell you.

-Chris-

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=46087

I did mine for under $120. I spent more trying things out but the projectors and shrouds were cheap on ebay. If I had done it the way it ended up in the end, it would have cost me $80 plus the HID

But im with most people in that HID in stock headlights is not a good idea, and heres a few reasons: 1. The stock reflector is designed to work with halogen light, not HID metal halid. This gives you major hot spots and really dead spots. 2. HID with projectors gives you really focused light in all the right places. 3. Because the stock relfector is not designed for HID it really does scatter the light and it is always in oncoming drivers eyes, so what you lower your headlight aim and what does that do for you, light up 20 feet in front of you? 4. The HID burn really hot and actually cause your reflectors to haze over reducing their reflective properties after time.

So all in all, my Grandpa was right. If its worth doing its worth doing right and doing it well. You will be 1000 times happier to go projector with the HID, and go with Bi-xenon projectors. Also Im kind of a light freak and the output from my Land Rover Bi-xenon with 35w 4300k is awesome!!!!!!

I had a 6000k 35W hid kit, and looked SIDEWAYS at my headlights, and couldn't see a thing for a couple of minutes.
    Wanna cookie? They are hids yes they are going to be bright, you just need to use your common sense with them. You obviously have your headlights aimed entirely wrong if you look at them SIDEWAYS and have the lights in your eyes. Think smart not hard. Or just think.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Don't have that issue with mine. Dunno what to tell you.
    I have a 4300K 35W kit and no problems here. With the 4x4 mode on the stock G's suspension, it's possible that the lights were aimed improperly. My car was a lot better once i dropped it.

Never had any cop issues with mine, either.
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyprouty View Post

I did mine for under $120. I spent more trying things out but the projectors and shrouds were cheap on ebay. If I had done it the way it ended up in the end, it would have cost me $80 plus the HID

But im with most people in that HID in stock headlights is not a good idea, and heres a few reasons: 1. The stock reflector is designed to work with halogen light, not HID metal halid. This gives you major hot spots and really dead spots. 2. HID with projectors gives you really focused light in all the right places. 3. Because the stock relfector is not designed for HID it really does scatter the light and it is always in oncoming drivers eyes, so what you lower your headlight aim and what does that do for you, light up 20 feet in front of you? 4. The HID burn really hot and actually cause your reflectors to haze over reducing their reflective properties after time.

So all in all, my Grandpa was right. If its worth doing its worth doing right and doing it well. You will be 1000 times happier to go projector with the HID, and go with Bi-xenon projectors. Also Im kind of a light freak and the output from my Land Rover Bi-xenon with 35w 4300k is awesome!!!!!!
    1. I agree yes with not being designed. But I major disagree with hot spots and dead spots. I do not have them, yes there is a brighter spot. But that is the focus part of the beam even standard halogens

2. I agree with that projectors are the way to go but I do not like the look of projectors in the usdm galant heads.

3. I disagree with this if you PROPERLY aim your head lights you can avoi# the glare. You drivers side headlight also should be aimed slgiht lower then the passengers one. And then you can have more than this 20ft seeing distance you speak of.

4. No not with 35w hids and not with 55w. I want to see proof of this.

I will get pictures of my old reflectors. I did run HID in stock for about a week 3 years ago before realized it was not the way to go. So i do speak from experience. Its my experience, so you may have a different one.

Quote Originally Posted by rowdyprouty View Post

My shop has been installing 35w and 55w H.I.D. kits for years and have never seen a hazing of a reflector at all. But then again you may have used and inferior kit that wasn't made to fit that housing? Also I don't think that our cars are blinding people as badly as the trucks and SUVs are, especially if your lowered and aim your headlights slightly down.

I do however agree that doing a projector retrofit that is designed to be used with H.I.D. Lighting is far superior as far as beam focusing that the standard housing, and is less annoying to aim. But most people don't have the time, patience and or cash flow to do such a conversion.

Cheap bulbs may haze the reflector and the lens itself if the bulbs have inadequate UV shielding in the glass. Also, all those kit bulbs have little to no QC in manufacture, so the discharge arc gets placed in different spots along the length of the capsule from bulb to bulb and brand to brand. That placement makes the difference in beam output with a given reflector. That's how mrg7243 may not have as much glare as hedonism did. I have been through two sets of bulbs in the same reflectors, and my beam pattern changed tremendously, so much so I had to readjust my heads again, the hot spot was too high, in one day I got flashed more than I ever did with my old setup.

So in essence, you're both right lol!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast