The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New to Mitsu's and have a few questions!

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    ConceptSleeper

New to Mitsu's and have a few questions!

like i said i am new to the Diamond Star Camp, so what are the interchangablity of parts for the 6th gen(from other mitsu's or newer galants)? any misc tweaks??? Just wondering b/c i cannot find anything for my car except a front bumper, headlights and some bad ass guages!! i know there a lot of universal parts. just looking for more info(1989 RS 4g63 ATX)

basically, there is really nothign that is interchangable with the newer ones.

Rasko Da Gama
    But you can use some engine parts of the 1G Eclipse/Talon/Laser I think...

If you are looking for parts check these:
    www.dsmtrader.com
    www.ebay.com

and ofcourse the "Sell" section of the tgc forum...

Nice to have more 6G owners up here

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    if you have a 4g63, almost ALL the turbo eclipse/talon/laser will fit in your engine
    7g for life!

ConceptSleeper
    thanks!!!

TGC Regular
    hey, welcome to the 6G world! always nice to see more of them on the road!

1166gvr4
    if you have the n/a or turbo charged 4g63t ALL parts performance or other except ic components will fit, if you have a gvr4 as i do KEEP YOUR ORIG TRANNY FOR GOD SAKES as a hardcore dsmer = 9 tsi's and tsi awd's eagles untill now i will personally tell you that a person like myself will kill you for that trans the gvr4 trannies are superb and will drop half a sec off your quarter on a 1st gen talon or eclipse turbo awd, they are worth a shit load of doe hang on to it even if its a POS,

ken inn
    Quote Originally Posted by 1166gvr4
    if you have the n/a or turbo charged 4g63t ALL parts performance or other except ic components will fit, if you have a gvr4 as i do KEEP YOUR ORIG TRANNY FOR GOD SAKES as a hardcore dsmer = 9 tsi's and tsi awd's eagles untill now i will personally tell you that a person like myself will kill you for that trans the gvr4 trannies are superb and will drop half a sec off your quarter on a 1st gen talon or eclipse turbo awd, they are worth a shit load of doe hang on to it even if its a POS,
    not true. the vr4/turbo trans is different. different gears, different final drive. check your trans numbers to be sure. the n/a trans will not only not hold up, if it is an awd system, and the ratios are not compatible, like they are NOT on the n/a trans, you will lock up the center diff at speed, and lock up all 4 wheels. hello ditch on the side of the road.

1166gvr4
    what are you talking about the vr4 awd trans is the most sought after awd dsm trans ever. i know about how they are diff i have 3 tsi awd's all have 91 vr 4 trannys. i have no idea what you are even trying so say something about locking four wheels or some crap be more clear

1166gvr4
    Why on earth would you put a fwd trans on a vr4 first it would not work second its not awd third its rated for alot less hp, any idiot knows if you change the trans you also change the chunk in the rear to match ratios. you dont even really have to change the chunk in the rear its not an absolute must it just makes everything even. it wont blow your diff and lock anything up i run vr4 trannys on my stock 3 bolt lsd awd rears with no prob i have been in excess of 130 mph with no prob what so ever

ken inn
    if you would look at his post, instead of running off at the mouth, you would see he has an n/a. the n/a awd trans is weaker than the vr4, AND runs different gear ratios, both in the final drive, and in the rear diff. to the few who have converted the n/a gs-x(in the us) to turbo, have found that the transmission does not last. and, to the few who have used the rs trans, with the different final drive, and dropped them into a vr4 or a t/e/l, have also discovered that at speed, the center viscous will overheat and lock up, which instantly brings all 4 wheels to a stop. if you dont believe this, cause you certainly dont know about it, which every dsm'r does, ask shep. you claim you got one of his transmissions, right?

1166gvr4
    i am going to say this and hold back the rest, i DO NOT TAKE MY GALANT SERIOUSLY its a damn grocery getter i dont know jack about them never said i did, i bought it because all my eagles are hard or gas and 94 octane is not cheap. i know the 1g talon tsi awd, thats all, and yes i use john's trannies, why would i waste him time on a stupid ?, i want to say alot more but i am going to refrain so go ahed and be a little smart A$$ and run your mouth, trust me your not hurting my feelings by a long shot.