The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Floyd Bennett Meet 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24
    Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar

Floyd Bennett Meet 2011

On to the next one..... lol Now that the Corona Park BBQ Meet is over, let's try to get the next one planned. Hopefully all of us that could not make it to the last one can make it to this. Lets start with dates. Throw some out everyone! I know August is tough b/c many people go on vacation.

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

well i enjoyed the last meet...cant wait for the next one..how bout september???

Inbound n00b question:

Where is Floyd Bennett?

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    summer is starting to run out though and we do also usually have the captree meet as well...i say we do middle of august the weekend of 20th or 27th should give us a good 2-3 weeks to get everything together.... since we usually get a sandwich or pizza or something we only need people to bring a few things soda etc... aside from chipping in...or we can roll out and grab something later on as another option...

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Inbound n00b question:

Where is Floyd Bennett?
    My bad. Brooklyn, NY

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

flloyd bennet is off flatbush ave in brooklyn take exit 11s off the belt parkway go straight down and make the left at the last light before the bridge...

it is also now the home of aviator sports complex which you can google for an address etc...

it originally was an army airbase but has since been converted into a very large park/ wildlife area. it has a lot of nice long runways and open areas to hang out. usually we take a spot towards the back near the beach

3 weeks is kinda soon for another meet?
    most peoples cars are gonna look the same. lol

My bad. Brooklyn, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by fatal1 View Post
    flloyd bennet is off flatbush ave in brooklyn take exit 11s off the belt parkway go straight down and make the left at the last light before the bridge...

it is also now the home of aviator sports complex which you can google for an address etc...

it originally was an army airbase but has since been converted into a very large park/ wildlife area. it has a lot of nice long runways and open areas to hang out. usually we take a spot towards the back near the beach
    Sweet. That's actually very close to my grandparents and aunt & uncle of mine. I know the area around Brooklyn better.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

I say end of august/beginning of september. Soo many members have big plans going on that anything closer would mean that they wouldn't have time to properly assemble, tune, and trouble-shoot any issues because they will be rushing to get it done or end up not being their G.

For those who have never been, Floyd is an airfield where we end up taking up position at the end of a landing strip. Photos of previous meets (any meet we have) can be found by searching, so you can get an idea of what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    3 weeks is kinda soon for another meet?
    most peoples cars are gonna look the same. lol
    x2 ^^^

I will NOT be there lol! Maybe later this year, but not next month for sure.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

do it end of august, and then do the captree bbq mid september or so, or swap it, do captree for labor day and then do floyd bennett right before october, should still be decently warm out by then

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    do it end of august, and then do the captree bbq mid september or so, or swap it, do captree for labor day and then do floyd bennett right before october, should still be decently warm out by then
    Drive the G from Florida and post up a day in advance that your leaving for the meet.

lol, G wont be ready for a while, gonna tear down the engine soon

Let's not forget Floyd doesn't have a tree or over pass to hide under from the heat and sun...

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yeah this needs to be more towards late september early october. At that, in October is Evo/DSM day at E-town.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Yeah this needs to be more towards late september early october. At that, in October is Evo/DSM day at E-town.
    agreed, we usually do Floyd Bennett in the fall anyway (even tho i dont have a say anymore)

labor day weekend is terrible around this area though since its near the beach captree would be the same scenario... labor day weekend should be definitely out.. its also one of the busiest traffic days regardless

October is my vote.

actually october is a good month gives me enough time to work on car lol

last week in september seems cool, it wont be too hot outside, and it wont be too cold. Who ever cant make it could make it to evo/sti in oct

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast