The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ichiba Wheels Spacers and Machining

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

Ichiba Wheels Spacers and Machining

Hello TGC,

So I just got off the phone with a fella at Evasive Motorsports and he told me basically that I need different wheels, but I wanna see what some of the experts here have to say. I apologize if this question has been answered before, but I have searched for the last 20 minutes and come up with nothing.

I have some nice 18" X 8" SSR GT-7's that have an offset of +51mm and a centerbore of 56.1mm. Our cars have a centerbore requirement of 67.1mm. So what I wanted to do was buy some of the spacers in the link above and have the hub side machined to 67.1mm and leave the wheels side at 56.1mm.

My man at Evasive said that can't be done. I'm not sure I believe him, but he sells the things, I've never seen a set before. I called specifically to see if it was possible and got told no.

My question is has anyone here ever seen these spacers, and if so, do you think they can be machined, as I'd rather have the spacers machined before the wheels? Or is it a better idea to just machine the bore on the wheels and get the proper spacer? Please let me know, I need rims badly, see my garage for proof, those steelies are stealing my swag lol!

Here's the rims, in case anyone wanted to see them:

And the backside of the rim for reference:

Thanks in advance!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I want to add a question to the OP, Why not machine the wheels to the 67.1mm?

Wheels are nice though.

Basically because I don't think my connect can do it, so I'd have to go to a shop and pay. But let me know, is that the better option?

-Greg

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    how thick of spacers were you thinking of getting?

I think you only need about 5mm depth for it to fit on the stock hub (that's just a guesstimate)

Hubcentric spacers will already have that depth cut out as well, just need the ID bored out to the 67.1mm

15 mm, Adrian. I'm thinking along those lines too, but I wanna ask those who know. So to clarify, machining the spacer should be possible?

-Greg

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/wheel_spacers.html

if you go through the configuration:

Spacer Configuration - Complete!
    2000 MITSUBISHI GALANT
    Your Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3mm
    Your Hub Diameter: 67.1mm
    Type: Spacer
    Hub Centric to Car & Wheel Centric to Wheel
    Thickness: 15mm
    Center Bore: 56.1mm
    Quantity: 4
    The price for the above configuration (before tax and shipping) is $180.00. Tax and shipping will be included in your total on the Payment Configuration page.
    Last edited by Reelax; 08-03-2011 at 06:17 PM

Reelax, I wanna reach across the country and hug you (no homo)! This is gonna be exactly what I need! but, I need longer wheel studs for those, correct?

-Greg

They make spacer/adapter units as well, with actual studs on the spacers.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

i would take it to a machine shop and have the wheel bore opened up and call it a day shouldn't be more then 20 bucks a wheel or so, unless you really want spacers. i have 10mm spacer and they cover the whole lip of the hub so you would be good there. but i still think getting the wheel machined is a better option. try and call a few local machine shop and see how much it would be.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Sky, thanks dude, I see they got it all covered!

underated, I do want spacers to give me a nice stance and to make sure I clear the suspension with those 8" rims. Your stance is awesome, what's your setup?

-Greg

Word, I know a +38 offset brings the wheels just a hair outside of the fender opening. (found this out using my ROH Adrenalins on the 8G from my Pontiac) but it looks teh secks with the fenderwells filled out. :D

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

I took my sti wheels to an machine shop to have the center bore fixed, best 60 bucks i've spent
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

$60 for all four? Not bad. I have research to do. I'll update this thread with what I decide. Thank you all for your help, it's greatly appreciated!

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Sky, thanks dude, I see they got it all covered!

underated, I do want spacers to give me a nice stance and to make sure I clear the suspension with those 8" rims. Your stance is awesome, what's your setup?
    ok i wasnt sure if you wanted to bring the wheels out more. then the spacers like Reelax mentioned will be your best bet. if your going to go with a 15-20mm spacer id recommend ichibas 45mm studs if those spacers dont come with them.

im on d2 coilovers and my wheels are 17x8.25 +25 offset tires are 225/45/17 fenders rolled front and back with a slight flare. i like the meater tire look i think it looks a little more aggressive.

by the way those wheel are sweet im looking forward to seeing your car when they are on.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

yeah 60 for all 4, x2 on getting spacers, i ordered my ichiba 5mm spacers earlier for a more flush look in the rear
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Well, seems like its well handled. Hope you get them on soon!

As good as Evasive may be, they (as you said) just sell stuff, they aren't a machine shop. ANYTHING metal can be machined.

What you should do is get the centerbore of the wheels machined, and then decide how much you want to space them out and get hubcentric spacers of whatever size you decide on, anything over 5mm I would suggest going with a bolt on spacer or extended studs.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    What you should do is get the centerbore of the wheels machined, and then decide how much you want to space them out and get hubcentric spacers of whatever size you decide on, anything over 5mm I would suggest going with a bolt on spacer or extended studs.
    He can do both in one shot though with that company that Reelax posted.

The only problem with that is if decide to change it up later, you would have to get a new custom spacer which will be a lot more expensive (I think) than just a normal hubcentric spacer.. maybe.

I think I'm going with the spacers and longer studs. I gotta find Ye Olde Wheel's new contact info, everyone around here uses them for wheel work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg