The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Spring rates...

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Spring rates...

what is the ideal spring rate for the 8g 4cyl? im just wondering because i think that is the only thing wrong with daily driving on my d2's. its been a year or so since i got them and i cant remember if they were setup for the eclipse or the galant. i'm thinking about ordering a new set of springs for them if it will make the ride that much better. im going to take my car to the CAT scales tomorrow or this weekend and see what the difference is VS. stock weight.

any input would be great.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    what is the ideal spring rate for the 8g 4cyl? im just wondering because i think that is the only thing wrong with daily driving on my d2's. its been a year or so since i got them and i cant remember if they were setup for the eclipse or the galant. i'm thinking about ordering a new set of springs for them if it will make the ride that much better. im going to take my car to the CAT scales tomorrow or this weekend and see what the difference is VS. stock weight.

any input would be great.
    Greddy would be the one to ask on that, or blue8g. I know on my bc's they come stock with 10kg up from and 8kg in rear. But i would like to go to a better performing blanace on springs rates

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I have my D2's setup for drag. They are re-valved and have I believe either 10 or 11k springs up front and 13k springs out back. My ride is fairly stiff but the car handles really well. I do notice at speeds over 100MPH the rear likes to get a little loose. I think that is mainly due to the high spring rate, lack of downforce and the car being nose heavy. I havent gotten the car out yet with the AWD but when I do im sure that problem should be almost gone since there will be significantly more weight in the rear of the car
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Before you get new springs, you'll want to get the shocks revalved for the proper spring rates.

Now the question is, do you want a comfy daily that can attack corners, or a corner carving monster?

I'm am 12k 10k now my amrs will be 10k 12 k with valving to match it depends on what you want and what other suspension mods you have. I'll be getting a GT wing soon too in order to keep the rear from getting too squirrely at speed. I have a thread I started about track days that has a whole section on suspension check it out
    Last edited by greddy; 08-04-2011 at 10:47 PM
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

GT wing....Fap.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    Before you get new springs, you'll want to get the shocks revalved for the proper spring rates.

Now the question is, do you want a comfy daily that can attack corners, or a corner carving monster?
    Hi if i'm looking for a comfy daily ride that can attack corners and lower my car, what type of spring rate should i look for? I'm currently on stock standard springs.

Hope you guys can help me with this issue too

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by zarafrost View Post
    Hi if i'm looking for a comfy daily ride that can attack corners and lower my car, what type of spring rate should i look for? I'm currently on stock standard springs.

Hope you guys can help me with this issue too

Cheers!
    same question. bumped this thread for answers

I'm kinda curious on this as well since I'm currently looking into a new suspension set up. Highly considering KYB GR-2 with TEIN S-Techs. Good idea for daily driver that I want lower with some handling perks?

Are you guys looking for coilovers or lowering springs. If you want springs, just get S-techs with your choice of struts, coilovers I would suggest AMRs or KWs in terms of quality of product and ride quality. My AMRs are super smooth on the roads and are fantastic on the track. Depends on your budget, etc
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D