The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cooling Issues

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Icon12 Cooling Issues

I have a 1999 GTZ loosin water and over heating everyday. There is no visableleaks under the car, no smoke and there isn't any water in the oil. Where is the water going?

Sounds like lower intake gasket is leaking internally, do a compression test.

Ok I will try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hevymetalg View Post
    Sounds like lower intake gasket is leaking internally, do a compression test.
    If it is, he should see a lot of white smoke out his exaust. Try doing a engine and radiator coolant flush and see if that helps.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    If it is, he should see a lot of white smoke out his exaust. Try doing a engine and radiator coolant flush and see if that helps.
    Not always...

It doesn't smoke any but there is a small skip when I first start it up. It runs fine after a few seconds and it hasn't lost any power at all

you aren't running straight water are you?

Yeah straight water will evaporate lol! So I hope not.l? The reason I said "not always" about the intake gasket is I have a 98 camaro and it had a shitty plastic lim gasket and my coolent was disappearing and I had no visible leaks. So I change and upgraded it with the aluminum lim gasket. I had no white smoke. I think that would be head gasket issue? Idk?

No I'm not runnin straight water.

Are you sure you oil looks good? No milkshake look to it? Keep an eye on the oil level and see if it starts to rise when the radiator level get lower.

The oil is fine looks just a little darker than when I put it in. Its not milky or isn't risin on the dip stick

Changed the upper/lower intake gaskets and new t-stat over the weekend. . . Seems to be doin a lot better so far so thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by lawson View Post
    Changed the upper/lower intake gaskets and new t-stat over the weekend. . . Seems to be doin a lot better so far so thanks for the help
    Is the radiator cracked on top?

---
    - Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome...
    -Andrew

Na bought a new radiator just before the problem started. . . The old one busted and that's when I started loosin water after I put the new one in. But I think the lower intake gasket was worn I have been drivin it for 3 days with no issues

most likely you have air in the system and it needs to be "burped". The antifreeze is either the the overflow tank or it gets pushed out of there in small amounts.

Take the radiator cap off and put a funnel in there. he funnel. Add coolant till about halfway of it. Start the car and let it idle until the fans kick on. Meanwhile youll be seeing bubbles coming out thru the coolant in the funnel. If the coolant gets sucked in then add more, but always keep it around halfways of the funnel. Wait for the fans to kick on 2 times and it should be fine. If theres lots of air in the system, you might want to screw the cap back on and let it idle fora min so it builds pressure and then release it and top off the coolant again and repeat it maybe two or three times and you do that after the fans have come on two times.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    most likely you have air in the system and it needs to be "burped". The antifreeze is either the the overflow tank or it gets pushed out of there in small amounts.
    x2