The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Caliper upgrade EVO X

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Caliper upgrade EVO X

ok have done a lot of researching , Im ready to do a Brembo swap just have a few questions....

1. if Evo 8/9 brembos fit our car.....will X's?

2. Are the caliper mounting bolts the same distance apart bolt on , or do
    u need an adaptor,worth it or not?

3.i realize discs,calipers will be more expensive but evox calipers used will more than likely be in better condition then a pair from 03' evo VIII's. Also I do realize that the calipers are bigger than our stock 6g's but i have 19"x8.5 rollers with about a 40mm offset and flared out spoke design so I should be good Im just tryin to get the best bang for my buck.

pinoye,goosey,reelax,cali any input?

Will need mounting bracket to be custom made just get evolution 9 brembos and rebuild the calipers they are cheaper and more common. Also look up tirado custom coatings they do brembos rebuilds and powdercoati g for a great price. So in short it's not worth the hassle to do evolution x brembos
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

you da man stan...lol , no really thanx bro

powerslot rotors you thing and get them for an evo 9?8 and 9...discs the same size? and whats the best brake line to go with ...they will come with factory rubber thinking about doing ss...and lastly Ive read up v6 brake booster should be swapped wit 4g64 whats your opinion as well as BMFR, and proportioning valve?

Go with SS brake lines. You can use galant brake lines or evo brake lines. evo 8 or 9 rotors are the same and both rotors will work.

I think EVO X brembo are bigger than the evo 8 and evo 9 brembo so it means you will need more space on your wheels offset.
    Last edited by zobgel; 08-07-2011 at 03:06 PM

TURBO= in the making.......

Actually evolution x brembos don't stick out as far away from the hub towards the wheel as the 8/9 calipers however since the rotors are an inch bigger than the 8/9 rotors the caliper sits further out to accomodate the larger rotor thus you need 18 inch wheels to clear bit people have been able to run a higher offset than stock on evolution x's so offset doesn't need to be lower than an 8/9 brake setup
    hope this makes sense

Also if the brembos come with their factory lines just reuse them unless your planning on track use. Mine survived several track days before I switched to ss lines

evoX brembos are 160mm spacing like the evo7-9 brembos.

they do take a larger disk, as the mounting legs are longer.

give the fact they sit further out radially, they may fit concave shaped wheels that dont fit evo7-9 brembos as the bulk of the caliper is further out from the centre axis of the hub.

Quote Originally Posted by greddy View Post
    Actually evolution x brembos don't stick out as far away from the hub towards the wheel as the 8/9 calipers however since the rotors are an inch bigger than the 8/9 rotors the caliper sits further out to accomodate the larger rotor thus you need 18 inch wheels to clear bit people have been able to run a higher offset than stock on evolution x's so offset doesn't need to be lower than an 8/9 brake setup
    hope this makes sense
    That's what I'm trying to say, thanks for clearing that up bro. You need 18"+ wheels to make it fit that's why some evo X guys used evo 8-9 brembo calipers so they can use 17" wheels on their evo X

TURBO= in the making.......