The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Megan or Eibach springs? Unleash your experiences and opinions!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 44

Megan or Eibach springs? Unleash your experiences and opinions!

Well...after a few more exterior mods, the suspension is finally going to be tackled. Now, I've heard good from both Megan and Eibach. But with Eibachs, more so from the GM platforms I'm used to.

Basically, I'm looking for feedback from owners that have had either the Eibachs or Megans for a good amount of time, and how liveable they are.

Give some feedback and opinions! :D

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Megans and eibachs are way different they shouldnt be compared. A match for eibachs would be like h&r's and megans can be compared to progress. If you dont know why then you should look up the specs.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Ah...I wasn't really trying to compare...but I could possibly get a set of brand new Megan springs for $100, through a friend of mine that is sponsored by them. I'm already familar with the Eibachs, but I didn't realize the two were that different.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    from what ive read, Megans start to sag after a while. dont go with them

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Ah...I wasn't really trying to compare...but I could possibly get a set of brand new Megan springs for $100, through a friend of mine that is sponsored by them. I'm already familar with the Eibachs, but I didn't realize the two were that different.
    They are different since megans drop you around 2" and eibach around 1", eibach are the closest to oem in ride comfort, I've heard megans suck and are really jumpy.

4g64T 5spd

They both give way different drop/spring rates. Idk about megans sagging never had that problem on my agx's. But eibachs are good with replacement shocks like kyb gr2's wile its recommended to upgrade to adjustable dampening when running megans.

Megans suck.

Go Tein, Eibach or Swift.

Quote Originally Posted by OMEGA PHX View Post
    They are different since megans drop you around 2" and eibach around 1", eibach are the closest to oem in ride comfort, I've heard megans suck and are really jumpy.
    Most people dont understand how a spring works megans arent jumpy its the shocks job to keep the spring under control. spring are hard, soft,tall , short or progressive or linear nothing else. If your car is bouncing its that person fault for not matching with a proper dampening body.

I was planning on running KYB AGX's...dunno about running GR2's with Eibachs.

But that bad with Megans, huh? :/

-Chris-

I just think Megan in general is teh suck.

Get what satisfies you do a general research on it then buy it. When i look for springs i look at the drop/spring rate then search veriest car forums for quality. Im tired how people talk about brands they never touched before.

I've had experience with both, just more exposure to Eibach.

I've ridden in a few cars with Megans (Saturn Ion, Scion xA, EK Honda Civic Hatch) and cars with Eibachs (Pontiac Grand Am, Pontiac G6, Ford Mustang) and aside from the Mustang having more than just springs, the Eibachs felt less stiff (to me) but all these cars aren't exactly in the same class of handling characteristics. My buddy who uses Megans, never had issues with their springs. Swears by them. It's gonna be awhile before the dive is made for parts, this is just apart of me finding out more.

-Chris-

Oic well hope you make a good choice. Make sure you look at pics of galants with those two springs.

I went from stock to GTZ to Eibachs to Tein and then the Progress. That's 4 different springs! Everyone has different taste and desire for how low the height you want but out of the 4 springs the Teins/gr-2 gave me the modest drop. But if you are looking for a small drop the Eibachs are your best choice,

Well, I'm looking for a drop to get rid of most of the wheel gap up front.

Currently looking up other Galants for ride heights with different suspension combos...

-Chris-

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    When i had my G i dropped it on Teins w/ KYB GR-2's...The ride was really comfortable & gave me no problems @ all

Here's what mine looked like: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...3T8G%27s+Build
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Quote Originally Posted by Rach3T8G View Post
    When i had my G i dropped it on Teins w/ KYB GR-2's...The ride was really comfortable & gave me no problems @ all

Here's what mine looked like: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...3T8G%27s+Build
    I like the drop those have...

-Chris-

Tein or Eibach IMO. Since you have had good luck with Eibach in the past you should go with them.

Eibach will give u a 1.2" drop, its enough to kill the 4x4 wheel gap, but it wont drop as low as TEIN's I had V6 TEINS on my I4 and it gave me a nice drop (not as low as u would with the I4 TEINs, here's a pic of it
    on stockers

on 18's

That looks damn good too. What struts did you use?

-Chris-

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast