The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo research

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

turbo research

so im posting this to hopefully get alot of feedback...so im think about in the long run going turbo on my 7g...but before i do so I wanna do alot of research...so I have been learning more and more everyday and I was hoping everybody could just pitch in and give me any random info about turbos and turbo kits.

it would be helpful if you could post links to website and video links. I hope everybody can help me out here even if its just a lil.

thanks

A few questions for you:

1. Are you going to run a built engine? (Forged internals)

2. Will you run a 4G64, 64/63 hybrid or a 4G63?

3. How much power do you (realistically) plan to make?

4. How much do you want to spend?

A quick answer is go dig around on DSM Tuners or DSM Talk. You'll find a wealth of information on general turbo stuff. Lots of info on Holset turbos over on Tuners right now.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    A few questions for you:

1. Are you going to run a built engine? (Forged internals)

2. Will you run a 4G64, 64/63 hybrid or a 4G63?

A quick answer is go dig around on DSM Tuners or DSM Talk. You'll find a wealth of information on general turbo stuff. Lots of info on Holset turbos over on Tuners right now.
    well im going to stay stock so im not going to build the enginer

im going to run a stock 4g64

realistically i just want to run about about 200+ hp...i dont want to run a big turbo

im probably willing to spend 1g or less if possible

search....there is an AWFUL LOT of info on the subject here on the site. Quick answer though, you can achieve your goal with no major problems. Using a small turbo (though I woulndt recommend too small) will get you there. Give you an idea, Peano's 1 st setup was stock with a 13b or 14b turbo and I think he was pushing 180-189 whp untuned.

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    peano used a 13g from an auto matic 1g and it is actually worse than a stock 2g t25 and he made that much. like i said to you before run a 16g and you will be very happy.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    peano used a 13g from an auto matic 1g and it is actually worse than a stock 2g t25 and he made that much. like i said to you before run a 16g and you will be very happy.
    yea ive been doin the research on the 16g turbo but what is the manifold is it that i need to get for my car?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    id get a 2g turbo mani or an evo 3 mani
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by galantboost View Post
    well im going to stay stock so im not going to build the enginer

im going to run a stock 4g64

realistically i just want to run about about 200+ hp...i dont want to run a big turbo

im probably willing to spend 1g or less if possible
    1g is not going to get you a good turbo setup. I already had my turbo that i got for pretty much free and i still spent atleast 2k. You COULD cheap out but i HIGHLY recommend not to. Do it right the first time and you wont have to go back. 200 WHP isnt hard. I came very close at "7 psi" Ive never seen my car go past 5.5 LBS on my digital boost gauge. Youre going to need 500+ in good electronics. I lucked up and got my MAF translator pro unit for 265 shipped with a speed density harness, AEM 3.5 bar MAP sensor and the unit itself. PM me if you need some turbo parts. I have a 2g manifold that ill port for you, 2g FMIC, 2g piping, 2g intake pipe stock or aftermarket, 2g 3'' exhaust from turbo back with 3'' down pipe, greddy SSQV v.1 BOV. LMK!

my 1. and 2. And Galanttuner10 i thought that the evo3 was a better for street car daily driver.