The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: must be dumb but not finding what im searching for

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    babyblueg

must be dumb but not finding what im searching for

i recently got my 99 galant back from my ex wife which was a major screw up because she destroyed the poor car. but i have no desire to get rid of it and buy something new i think now its time to have fun with it and get the stuff done with it that i want.. i have a much better paying job and i have my bikes and two truck i can drive while doing this project......... i have been searching the site up and down and have yet to find a thread on the evo 8 swap into a 8g i dont know if im just missing it or looking up wrong in the search .... did find the thread on doing the 5 speed swap which i plan on doing ........im still new so im know im asking the same question but please guid me because im a lil slow in the head here lol also the other thing i need to know is there like a project forum or anything where i can post pics and everything as i build the car? any help would be great

there is a project section if u look towards the bottom of the forum, in there u will see some builds and u will see some who have done the evo swap...good luck with ur build

welcome forum stalker lol jk
    Theres a couple of members here who could point you in the right direction on the evo swap.

But a easy/cheaper/ alternative that every ones been doing is swapping over the dohc hyundai/kia head. Its much like the evos head and youll keep your bigger displacement (2.4) and have all the options of evo head parts.

I believe you have to relocate your starter when using the evo engine and eclipse/galant transmission. Theres more other modifications as well which arent too hard though.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

babyblueg
    yea stalking the threads is what i have been doing i have been looking for a parts list i have full access to a totaled evo so im trying to figure out what i have to do to get it in to the g id like to find the parts list and start getting everything this week that wasy i can start on the car next week

Sweet well good luck.Make sure you take the brakes and from it aswell! A couple of people here already did the swap like stewi, cali , vagesmatt and i believe goosey? well you can pm one of them im sure they can point you in the right direction

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

babyblueg
    thsanks for the replies guys i appreciate it ill keep looking for the thread with the parts list

babyblueg
    ok so was thinking of buying a brand new 4g63 motor well it seems they run between 10 qnd 25 grand for the motor alone so i guess ill rebuild the 4g64 motor and build it better so now it is time to look into doing that my wife wants a g so maybe we will save up and she can do everything with the evo motor and all to it so here comes the new challenges god i love my g it is gonna b so fun to build

babyblueg
    actually can anyone point me in the right direction for a 4g64 motor i think i should start there lol