The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: clutch safety

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

clutch safety

Hi guys i was hoping some one can help me out.My car came with the neutral safety switch from the factory and it was recommended that i remove it.My question is can i just unplug it or is there wiring involved?Thanks guys.

if u unplug it from the clutch, i cant remember if its open circuit or closed, i know on the 6g if u unplug it, the car starts without pushing the clutch

try unplugging first, if that doesnt work, then u'll have to jump the wires

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    if u unplug it from the clutch, i cant remember if its open circuit or closed, i know on the 6g if u unplug it, the car starts without pushing the clutch

try unplugging first, if that doesnt work, then u'll have to jump the wires
    Yeah thats what i was thinking hopefully it just starts with out the clutch being pushed in.I was told it is a preventative of crank walk.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Who recommened you to remove the clutch safety switch?

Its there to prevent the car from jerking forward or reverse while the car is in gear when you start it. NSS wasn't put there to prevent crankwalk....thats just a theory that 2g DSM guys through out there to help solve or provide a answer to crankwalk which isn't the reason why.

All you have to do is just unplug the NSS and you can start the car w/o pushing the clutch in. I disconnect mine that because I never put my car into gear when I park anyways because of my turbo timer.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    Who recommened you to remove the clutch safety switch?

Its there to prevent the car from jerking forward or reverse while the car is in gear when you start it. NSS wasn't put there to prevent crankwalk....thats just a theory that 2g DSM guys through out there to help solve or provide a answer to crankwalk which isn't the reason why.

All you have to do is just unplug the NSS and you can start the car w/o pushing the clutch in. I disconnect mine that because I never put my car into gear when I park anyways because of my turbo timer.
    Chris(galanttuner10) suggested it.But i agree with what you and mitch say about leaving it.The theory does and doesnt make sense.If it was going to happen it will happen.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    the safety is there as 99.9 percent of people arent smart enough to make sure the car is in neutral before they start it. it is proven to not be good for the thrust bearing and honestly isnt needed. make your own decision on leaving it as any car ive worked on has had it disabled.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service