The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What do I with the extra wires on halo projector/LED headlights

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

What do I with the extra wires on halo projector/LED headlights

Hey, guys. I just received my black halo projector/LED headlights for my 2001 GTZ. I was happy to find that they fit after some problem figuring out hoe to remove the stock lights. However, I found that my car only has two harnesses: one for the bulbs themselves and one for the turn signals. My new lights have the three-pronged harness, plus two wires (one in black plastic, the other in white plastic) that connect to four bulb-like things that surround each halo and a pair of black and red wires that, I believe, connect to the three Angel Eye LED's. So, I connected the three prongs and got my lights/halos working (now, I can drive legally). But, what do I with the loose wires?

I have no front turn signals now. I looked at the stock harness and found that three wires connect into it to plug into the receiver on my stock lights. I wondered if I could cut the harness and solder the LED wires to my stock wires, but then I would have an extra wire and this process is, obviously, irreversible to allow for experimentation.

The two black and white wires are taped together. There are these four black bulb-like things that surround the halos in the back of the assembly. So, I have eight wires, four from each halo/headlight bulb, that end in two wires, a black one and a white one.

I searched for a couple hours (wasting installation time) to attempt to find a pre-existing thread for such an issue. Now, I could be acting really dense (I have a lot going on). I was, of course, no given any installation instructions. I did find several threads in this forum with links to tutorials, but they were expired links and led me nowhere. If anyone could help me with this, I would be most appreciative. I am hoping to work on this some more tomorrow afternoon.

ok the four bulb type things are your (halo ring) lights, 4 of on eahc light unit, the blue and white are the led's and yu know wich is your lights as you stated so..

what i did was used the 8 wires and connected them to my ignition so when i turn the ignition on the halo rings come on.but normally i would connect them to the LED wires tho as the LED and halos are "park lights"..

the LED's connected to the factory park light plugs so they operate as normal park lights.

the lights i noticed the USDM spec have 1 plug for both high and low beam where as we JDM have 2 seperate plugs to i had to cut them and seperate them.. if this is what your doing then a little trick i did was used 4 JDM Bulb holders(i sent some to Cali for members that asked for some), as these have 2 pins on each end and allow for spade terminals to push in the other end i soldered the wires i cut to the side the bulb slots into and then siliconed it up to inslate it.. so therefor my Ebay lights are a JDM plg and play system and can easyly remove by unpluging and no cutting required ..
    hope this helps
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    ok the four bulb type things are your (halo ring) lights, 4 of on eahc light unit, the blue and white are the led's and yu know wich is your lights as you stated so..

what i did was used the 8 wires and connected them to my ignition so when i turn the ignition on the halo rings come on.but normally i would connect them to the LED wires tho as the LED and halos are "park lights"..

the LED's connected to the factory park light plugs so they operate as normal park lights.

the lights i noticed the USDM spec have 1 plug for both high and low beam where as we JDM have 2 seperate plugs to i had to cut them and seperate them.. if this is what your doing then a little trick i did was used 4 JDM Bulb holders(i sent some to Cali for members that asked for some), as these have 2 pins on each end and allow for spade terminals to push in the other end i soldered the wires i cut to the side the bulb slots into and then siliconed it up to inslate it.. so therefor my Ebay lights are a JDM plg and play system and can easyly remove by unpluging and no cutting required ..
    hope this helps
    Thanks for the reply! I was able to drive this morning legally. Yeah, I like the idea of connecting my halos to the ignition. How did you do that? Where did you connect the halo wires (like, what part of the ignition)?

And how did you connect your LED wires to the turn signal wires? I have two LED wires, red and black, but three wires connect into the harness from my stock turn signals.

your turn signal factory lamps should fit in the hole so yea.. the halos wired up to an ignition source in the bonnet(wiper motor),the led i plugged into the factory park light plug and the turn signal remains factory
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Quote Originally Posted by qcustoms View Post
    your turn signal factory lamps should fit in the hole so yea.. the halos wired up to an ignition source in the bonnet(wiper motor),the led i plugged into the factory park light plug and the turn signal remains factory

Where is the wiper motor? Sorry, I am really good with car audio and things like that, but when it comes to engine wiring, where it all goes, etc., I have no clue what to do. Is there a step-by-step you could give me for what you did after taking out the stock lights (and doing your JDM conversion)?

Where is this park light plug? I had only two things plugged into my stock lights: the three-pronged high, low, and ground wires and the turn signal harness. I took out the turn signal bulb and plug-in apparatus to see if I could splice the LED wires into the apparatus and just plug it right into the turn signal wire. No such luck there.

I really appreciate your patience with a noob like me.

thats fine we were all noobs once upon a time ago...

ok just to set you straight i havea JDM Legnum not USDM so i did not do a JDM conversion ..
    our JDM lights have a hi plug,low plug,turn signal plug and a park light plug..

sounds almost like the usdm dont have parks? i dont know their wiring setup..

if your good with car audio this should be easy for you then.. send 2 sets of twin wires into the car form the engine bay then.
    1 set to power the halo rings for ignition and the other to power the led's for driving lights or something then,just take a min and think about your procedure thats all.. i have images of what i did to wifes legnum wich may be in the 8G customising thread may be pics otherwise i may take some today sometime but im buzy buzy modifieing and completing her car this week

hope this helps
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

I found your thread, but a lot of the pictures would not show up. Again, any step-by-step or picture help would be much appreciated!
    Last edited by samurai65; 08-09-2011 at 04:03 PM

Maybe this could hel a bit??

It helped me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e6bOoXGWi4