The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: screen help

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

screen help

a friend had a double din installed in his 9g at a shop and after he got it back the stock screen display above the radio quit working. It has no display or anything showing on it. The installer said it has nothing to do with it. what could it be? there is a harness that didn't plug into the new screen but it wasn't hooked up to his old screen. It still had its displays and all that with his old screen. could it be a wire or a fuse?

I have no prior experience with this problem or even heard of it, but checking the fuses would be the easiest first thing to do. And if no fuses are blown and you have easy access to behind the dashboard to see if all the wires are still hooked up to the old screen?

Now what is a double din? Is it a new headunit or video screen? if so then the old headunit might be turned off/taken out and so the old screen is no longer receiving data. Just a guess.

But i wouldnt go and change wires on my account, like i said i have no prior experience, just trying to lend a helping hand on figuring out the problem.

what kind of display do you have? is the auto climate control? or a standard lcd? a harness might have been left out.
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

he fixed it, ended up being the fuse haha