The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Clock spring eclipse or galant?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Clock spring eclipse or galant?

Replacing steering wheel from 8G>3G and currently since I've purchased this car it has had a SRS light on,airbag was loosely on the wheel because the star screws weren't fitting right, horn didn't work because the electrical connector was unplugged in the engine bay. When I plug it in it screams without even pressing the steering wheel. So I'm doing the swap ....I'm wondering three things and hoping some suggestions may help me with this project. 1. Maybe yellow and black wires are unhooked under steering wheel and once I take it off I'll realize the problem.2. Need a new clock spring and 3. Being that I'm using a 3G wheel will I need a 3G clockspring or 8G? Thank you ahead of time

Joe

8g (galant) and 3g (eclipse) have identical clock springs. You'll be fine swapping just the wheel or the entire thing over from a 3g eclipse.
    You'll probably find the problem will go away once you take it all apart and put it back together correctly.

Hope that answers most of your question.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Doin it tonight , do u think I'll need a puller? I read the tutorial and it said a lil love tap wit a hammer I think.. Don't wanna have to put the battery back on drive to the store and go get one then disconnect the battery again ....wait another five minutes and take it apart again. U know? What so u think?