The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: clutch

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

clutch

Hi guys i am looking around to see what clutch i should get for my car.I am planning on running a 16g at 8 psi.I am thinking about getting an act 2100 with a street disc,but i have seen that people have had problems with the pressure plate fingers braking off.I was also thinking about getting an exedy stage one.I want something that is going to be reliable.I want to change the clutch since it will probably start slipping with a turbo.I just wanted to see what your thoughts and opinions were.Thanks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Exedy stage 1 clutch will do you just fine...pretty much any entry level performance clutch will do just fine with your planned setup and be able to handle the power. I know several people with Exedy Stage 1 / Act 2100 handle 300hp with no slipping issues and able to put the power to the wheels just fine.

You just want to make sure if you replace your clutch to replace your TOB with a OEM Mitsubishi one, and new shift fork, and fulcrum ball...and would suggest replacing the Slave and clutch master cylinders too especially if they are the original OEM parts while you are at it.

Good Luck.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    Exedy stage 1 clutch will do you just fine...pretty much any entry level performance clutch will do just fine with your planned setup and be able to handle the power. I know several people with Exedy Stage 1 / Act 2100 handle 300hp with no slipping issues and able to put the power to the wheels just fine.

You just want to make sure if you replace your clutch to replace your TOB with a OEM Mitsubishi one, and new shift fork, and fulcrum ball...and would suggest replacing the Slave and clutch master cylinders too especially if they are the original OEM parts while you are at it.

Good Luck.
    Yeah that was the plan is to replace the the clutch fork,fulkrum ball,and get a mitsubishi throwout bearing since they are better.I was also going to change the flywheel out to with a new one.The slave is deffinantly shot so i will be replacing that soon and the clutch master cylinder was replaced already by the previous owner.Would you suggest an oem slave cylinder?I recently got rid of the shitty gs clutch return spring and put a regular clutch return spring on it.The pedal doesnt stick anymore like it used to.