The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Point of a aftermarket FPR?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Point of a aftermarket FPR?

adjustable Fpr's are are for getting more out of your injectors without upping the duty cycle correct? are they really need for a turbo setup if your not maxing out your injectors? maybe im missing something or just having a brain fart at the moment its almost 12:30am lol
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You can use them for that so long as you have a way to retune the car (else wise it will be running rich everywhere).

What they are typically used for is correcting fuel pressure when you throw in a bigger fuel pump in. In the DSM world it is usually suggested for anything over a 190 pump. This is just because the factory regulator has a tiny return flow orifice which can be over run so pressures get whacky. I'm not sure about other cars.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

ok so when i replaced my tank i noticed i have a walbro 255 pump, (ran the numbers on the pump) should i run a fpr?

Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    You can use them for that so long as you have a way to retune the car (else wise it will be running rich everywhere).

What they are typically used for is correcting fuel pressure when you throw in a bigger fuel pump in. In the DSM world it is usually suggested for anything over a 190 pump. This is just because the factory regulator has a tiny return flow orifice which can be over run so pressures get whacky. I'm not sure about other cars.
    makes sense the fuel pump part skipped my mind.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

i have a afpr and if u set it right,you will feel a difference as long as u have a tune. just my 2cents
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Quote Originally Posted by finald8ta View Post
    ok so when i replaced my tank i noticed i have a walbro 255 pump, (ran the numbers on the pump) should i run a fpr?
    I have no idea since your FPR is likely different from a 1g-2g DSM. The best way to check is to stick a pressure gauge in line between the filter and the injector rail and run it up onto your windshield where a passenger can see it. Go do a hard pull and see what your fuel pressure looks like. I didn't check to see if your car is turbo. If not your pressure shouldn't change much anyway. This is really an issue on turbo cars where the fuel pressure is raised (or lowered) 1:1 with intake pressure.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

im not turbo, car was getting rdy to be turbo'd but sat for a yr before i bought it

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    as stated it will keep your fuel pressure in check. also, most cars that arent turbo like ours dont have a stock regulator that takes boost into account meaning that our regulator always flows the same make pressure. now in most stock turbo cars and especially AFPRs(adjustable fuel pressure regulators) they raise pressure according to boost at a rate of 1:1. that means that say as WOT you are seen 52 psi fuel pressure non turbo it will stay there and if turbo, and u are running 10 psi, at 10 psi when WOT it would be at 62 psi fuel pressure. it raises the pressure in accordance with the greater need for fuel unlike our stock regulators in short, and even non turbo you probably would feel a little more as the diaphragm is new and everything works perfectly.
    Last edited by Galanttuner10; 08-11-2011 at 11:06 PM
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service