The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Custom "Mustang" style bumper

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    FreshDaily

Custom "Mustang" style bumper

This is prolly a dumb question to be posting on here, and i dont even know if its in the right section technically. I posted it here in 7G section, well because thats what I have lol..

On to my dumb question, years ago i drove a mid 90s mustang, and since then ive been in love with their rear bumpers. More specifically how they have "Mustang" indented into the bumper/bumper cover or whatever youd like to call it.

My question is, does anyone have a clue to what that i guess "style" is even called, and does anyone know if there is a process to do that to, lets say, my current bumper cover. Like have it say "Galant" or whatever crazy junk i can come up with.

I have tried to do research on this, but have no clue what to even type in and have gotten no where, and i do appreciate any help.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    try asking a body shop and they should be able to answer your question. once you find out how much it would cost you might not be as much in love with that anymore haha

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

The material our bumpers are made out of isn't fun to work with. It doesn't deform with heat like some plastics do, it just shrivels up and burns (I tried welding some cracks in mine to no avail). You would have to cut the letters out of your bumper, bevel the edges, then glue a backing in place and paint it to pull this off.
    - Nick, 94 Galant ES - 4G64 DOHC Turbo AWD, E3-16G & Manifold, 780cc inj, fmic, DS-MAP Speed Density

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge..." - Charles Darwin

FreshDaily
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipsh View Post
    The material our bumpers are made out of isn't fun to work with. It doesn't deform with heat like some plastics do, it just shrivels up and burns (I tried welding some cracks in mine to no avail). You would have to cut the letters out of your bumper, bevel the edges, then glue a backing in place and paint it to pull this off.
    Sounds like more work then its worth. I was hoping there was a company somewhere that maybe makes them themselves, oh well thanks for your input though eclipsh!

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    try asking a body shop and they should be able to answer your question. once you find out how much it would cost you might not be as much in love with that anymore haha
    Your probably right lol, thanks though!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshDaily View Post
    Sounds like more work then its worth. I was hoping there was a company somewhere that maybe makes them themselves, oh well thanks for your input though eclipsh!
    You will find that not much is made for the 7g other than replacement parts... Not much aftermarket support for our cars.