The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DDM HID Kit Problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 35

DDM HID Kit Problems

alright, just got my HID kit from DDM. I went and hooked everything up perfectly fine till i got to the point of plugging in the Negative Wire to the battery. Apparently it didnt come with one? Yet the instructions specifically state "install the negative ring". Anyone else run into this? Looking for help before i have to wait another couple of hours to contact them on the West coast.

I also purchased the Extra wiring harness in case i had problems with the low wattage issue. But Seeing as i have 9007 Hi/Lows on my galant, and the extra wiring harness doesnt have the Hi/Low connectors, this product is useless for my application, but doesnt say anything about it not having them. Should not be an option on the 9007 Kit if it is not applicable.

Sorry for the extra venting. But back to the actual problem. Is it not supposed to have a negative wire to plug into the terminal? i pulled back the actual harness protector and saw that the plug doesnt even have a negative terminal coming out of the main wire harness?

Seeing as this is my first time doing a HID kit install i wanted some people with experience in this to elaborate on what is happening.

Thank you in advance.

take a pic of what you have and post it here. It might be easier for us to see what your talking about

The top and bottom wires are for the lights. Those are fine.
    the 2nd one from the top (red one) is the positive wire to plug into the battery.
    The next one is the one to plug into my OEM 9007 Bulb power plug.

There is grounding wires on both of the light bulb wires.

This is what i was saying that there is no room for the wire harness to even have a negative wire to come from.

Maybe the 9007 plug that goes into the OEM plug will complete the circuit? or would that only complete the circuit UP to the plug?

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Usually the pos goes On the battery and the ground goes somewhere bolted up

«Carlos»

I already knew that. The problem is not having a negative wire to plug into the negative battery terminal?

Quote Originally Posted by OverCorrupt View Post
    I already knew that. The problem is not having a negative wire to plug into the negative battery terminal?
    The "grounding wires on both of the light bulb wires" is what you need to hook up for ground. Just screw them in somewhere/anywhere, where ever you see other ground points in the engine bay. The frame itself is your negative.

If it ain't broke, i'm still fixin' it.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    my DDM HID kit doesn't connect to the negative terminal of the battery. Like these guys are saying, your "negative" terminal is ground, which is the body frame.

Alright, good to know =) tyvm! I would have never figured that out cause i get cautious when it comes to electrical, i wouldnt have tried.

Thanks again!

You have everything you need.

This video will show you how to, its a ford truck and different bulb size but, exactly same installation process. Keep in mind your colors on the ballast wires may be different. Everything is designed to plug in only one way. If it doesn't match up it doesn't go there.

alright, got them installed. Low beams work fine. But when i go to flick on the high beams... only the drivers side works. Any Ideas?

Have you tried swapping the bulbs around?

Did you connect both of the connectors?

swapped the bulbs around, same bulb doesnt flick to high beams. So calling DDM to get it replaced. Thanks again everyone for your help! Cant find better help with faster responses anywhere else! great community here! Im glad to be part of it =)

Before you send out, double and triple check that it is infact a bad bulb. Could be the harness. Get a meter and test it. DDm will pay for the shipping label to send to them, but if nothing is wrong with it, in order to get your bulbs back you will have to pay the initial shipping plus for them to send back to you.

I swapped only the bulb, the ballasts stayed on the same sides of the car. So it has to be the bulb or a problem with the wiring into the bulb after the ballast. What kind of meter? where can i get one? And is there one that i can borrow from some place? Paying for a meter is most likely going to cost more than the shipping for one single bulb? two way it can be no more than 16$ that i paid for the entire kit to be overnighted from china?

And thanks for the heads up! didnt realize i would pay for shipping both out and in if it is a good bulb.

For one they are gonna want both bulbs. Two, ballasts have nothing to do with high beam function.

A meter will run around $20 for a basic one. You might not be able to borrow one. The meter will be used to test for voltage by putting one lead to a ground on the car and the other to the positive wire in the harness as you turn high beams on. Its a useful tool to have around.

I have just remembered that most likely the high beams control wires should be briged on the harnesses, so if on side works and the other dont, it probably is the bulb.

When i talked to dude at DDM he specifically said one bulb. He also wanted me to swap the bulbs so in his words "we can test if its the ballast or a bulb you need to send back"

Did you already tell him that you did swap the bulbs? lol
    luckily turn around time is pretty fast. At least for me it was.

They usually want both of the some you get better match in color. Maybe because they are bi-xenon they want just one. (more expensive to scrap 2 bi-xenons)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast