The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: DDM HID Kit Problems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 35 of 35
    i told them i swapped it already. and yea most likely because then they only have to discard 1 bulb and replace 1 bulb.

Before you send back the bulb, put on some blue gloves and push The top of the bad bulb into the socket. Reason being is that I have received several bi-xenon bulbs that get "stuck" in the low beam position.
    Basically the bulb has a magnetic solenoid that pulls the actual bulb into the socket to create a "high beam" pattern. If that is stuck from bouncing around and changing temperatures during shipping, then it will not move back into the "high beam" position and appear to be broken. All I have had to do in the past is push the top of the bulb into the socket and it usually free's up. Good luck

wow nice tip! thanks a bunch! ill try it out before sending it.

Quote Originally Posted by galant2k0 View Post
    Before you send back the bulb, put on some blue gloves and push The top of the bad bulb into the socket. Reason being is that I have received several bi-xenon bulbs that get "stuck" in the low beam position.
    Basically the bulb has a magnetic solenoid that pulls the actual bulb into the socket to create a "high beam" pattern. If that is stuck from bouncing around and changing temperatures during shipping, then it will not move back into the "high beam" position and appear to be broken. All I have had to do in the past is push the top of the bulb into the socket and it usually free's up. Good luck
    Never had that happen, but sure worth a try. If has no gloves just use your shirt, make sure it's clean.

will do. and thanks again everyone that has helped out or put in their 2 cents! greatly appreciated!

No prob. Just keep us posted on the outcome.

Alright! Pushed the bulb into the socket and it got stuck there. turned it on and it was stuck in high beam position. So i turned it off and looked at the other one. It could be pushed in and out freely back into the socket. but the bad one couldnt.

I had to remove part of the headlight socket to put on my OEM clip so it would fit in my headlights. When putting the headlight clip back on there is 2 prongs(one big one small). I had put it on wrong by 180 degrees. so the big prong was in where the small one was supposed to be so it was putting extra pressure on the light socket. so when i moved the clip to the correct position it works fine! thanks again all for helping me! Hope to have pics soon!!
    Last edited by OverCorrupt; 08-18-2011 at 02:22 PM

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    wow that's weird *scratches head* I guess I never really studied how the high-beam works on HIDs. Quite different from the halogens I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by OverCorrupt View Post
    Alright! Pushed the bulb into the socket and it got stuck there. turned it on and it was stuck in high beam position. So i turned it off and looked at the other one. It could be pushed in and out freely back into the socket. but the bad one couldnt.

I had to remove part of the headlight socket to put on my OEM clip so it would fit in my headlights. When putting the headlight clip back on there is 2 prongs(one big one small). I had put it on wrong by 180 degrees. so the big prong was in where the small one was supposed to be so it was putting extra pressure on the light socket. so when i moved the clip to the correct position it works fine! thanks again all for helping me! Hope to have pics soon!!
    Dude those kits are direct plug and play, you are the only one I know who can screw up a fool-proof install. LOL. Nice work in figuring out the problem though.

Post up pics.

Lol glad everything worked out.

well wasnt paying 100% attention to the tiny ass clip that is barely the depth of a dime. didnt notice it till the 2nd bulb and i figured since it fit on the first bulb that i did it right.

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    I just ordered a spair set of 4500k h4 hi/lo bulbs and u have an older ddm harness I guess so the high low connections are switched around on the new harness/bulbs compared to the old one....dumb

I had that problem but it was easy to figure out, the low beam was high and the high beam was low. so i had to switch the wires going into the blue connector for my OEM power plug.

easy fix

funny thing is i just ordered last week, how do i have an old harness?

Sometimes the pin-out is different on the harness than it is on the car. Since a factory wiring harness is designed to power a halogen bulb, and for halogen bulbs it doesn't matter which side is positive and which is negative. To a relay like the one on the Bi-xenon harness it doesn't matter either. It will still power up but may work back wards like above if the polarity is flipped.

One way to to figure out the correct way to wire is to logon to DDM's Help/Troubleshoot section, they have a diagram of the colors blue, white and brown and what they should be connected to, then all you would need is to find out which colors are what on the car. This piece of info is actually for any car not just the G.

Alright, after getting everything working fine after having that one bulb not switch to high. I was happy with the quality of DDM. So i ordered a second set of bulbs as a back up. I received it. But it also came with a new harness, as well as a different design of bulbs.

Now, im asking just to be sure as it deals with electrical currents (im not 100% comfortable with electric wiring). The new harness came with a Negative wire to plug into the battery, but the first didnt. Now if the kit works with the grounds from the ballast as the negative, why did they add in the extra wire for the harness?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12