The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stormie's MOLT3N 380 GT

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

Stormie's MOLT3N 380 GT

Hi Guys thought id share with you whats going on down under.
    Bought my 2005 380 GT in 2009 for $18000 AU
    stayed stock for a few months

First mod was the galant v6 air intake to open up the breathing a little, as our 380s come with your i4 air take.

Next keeping things simple i bought some custom plates. The factory name for the paint colour is Molten red.

Next up i bought some 20" rims, looked pretty dodgy before it was lowered. Luckily it was only 2 weeks before it went from this

to this (the difference was much more noticable in real life haha!)

after that the modding died down for a while, before i bought extractors from RPW

... and had them ceramic coated as i decided upon buying the car that i wanted to do everything properly the first time.

then eventually (9 months after initially buying the extractors lol) i had the lot installed
    *extractors
    *2.5" stainless pipe back to
    *200cpi cat then 2.5" stainless back to axle
    *Split to 2 2" stainless pipes to
    * a pair of varex mufflers.
    this took the look of the rear end from (2 pics as havent got a good shot of the rear pre exhaust)

to

that was installed sept 2010.

Then in december i installed some big front end brakes (an ebay Evo upgrade kit) 8pot, 356mm rotors - second pic is the new ones next to the stock...

unfortunately evo rears are not bolt up for some reason... so a few of us did a group buy and got ksport to custom make us some but that will come later.

in january 2011 I had my roof retrimmed... in black :P

naturally there were some holes in my colour scheme so between feb and april i replaced the b and c pillars with OEM black equivalents and also the seatbealts and painted the centre console and gear shifter surround. some general progress pics of these items:

and interior finished shots:

also around this time i changed my rims to a different set of 20"s

eventually (May 2011) my rear ksport upgrade (mentioned earlier) came in about 4 months after ordering it!

Since then ive have the front and rear of my car resprayed due to insurance issues... so nice fresh paint which is good.

and am also in the process of installing an Eclipse AVN726EA (AVN726 for North American Model :P) GPS, DVD Headunit.

Ive never really thought about how much ive spent on my car... but after completing the Garage section on TGC i realise im almost up to paying the purchase price of the thing
    I guess Ill keep you guys up to date as more stuff changes... but dont expext regular updates, as you can see i move slowly :P
    Still Planning to:
    Mod some magna sideskirts to fit the 380 (ive already bought these)
    install a sub in the parcel shelfon a smaller scale than Helotes :P
    ??
    Profit :P
    Aussie 380 GT: 20s, full zorst, Brakes, Interior

Looks great man nice work.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

hum much were the ksports?

are they adr approved?
    do they use off the shelf pads?
    how light are they?
    are they two price or monobloack calipers?

sorry for the question mate haha

Very nice progress. Love the black interior.. very clean.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Awesome. Wish our 9Gs were as slick the the 380's sold in upsidedownland.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Looks real good. I love 380's; It's too bad they aren't made here
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Looks amazing! Nice work. The 380 is so damn nice.

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Also the airtrek AKA outlander. 4g64 turbo. Love that car.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Also the airtrek AKA outlander. 4g64 turbo. Love that car.
    Seriously, it doesn't matter what brand...Aussies get the cool shit. True story.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

This is an amazing car, y'all doing it big over there on the other side of the world!!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    dang, those are some nice fat brakes lol

nice car!

Quote Originally Posted by unclepaulie View Post
    hum much were the ksports?

are they adr approved?
    do they use off the shelf pads?
    how light are they?
    are they two price or monobloack calipers?

sorry for the question mate haha
    im not much good on the technical side of things, but
    fronts were $1250 AU - this was off ebay, listed as a product for an EVO 7/8. id actually seen them listed previously at $1600au but passed on them at the time
    The rears were bought direct from Ksport and were $2165au
    (two other boys foozrcool and redblower/blackstar/z80 who i think are member here bought front and rear at the same time for $4125AU.

ADR approved... as far as im aware yes. but Ill get back to you.

Regarding pads... Im not sure but i dont think they can be bought from suppliers other than ksport, as both kits came with supplied pads... im yet to confirm however.

Reg how light. to be honest i never really took any notice. im having my 105K service done in the coming week. and i know the handbrake needs adjusting so disc will come off. i ask them to weigh it for me :P obviously quite a lot heavier than standard but then theres quite a lot more to them also.

I assume monoblock since housing was one piece of material... ill check with my housemate whos a mitsi tech and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Awesome. Wish our 9Gs were as slick the the 380's sold in upsidedownland.
    to be honest its really only cosmetic differences between the two. oh and our steering wheel is on the correct side :P

the only place you guys got stinged was the i4 engine, i struggle to see how that moves! as our SOHC v6 isnt exactly blistering fast.
    would have loved to have had your DOHC v6 as an option in australia :(
    also were ony of your 9gs manual?

on another note...
    in the picture showing my centre console... the screen up the top, which for us shows time/temp/cd/radio... (we call it the multifunction display?) did any model of 9g galant have that... or even something similar? as when you disconnect the 380 cd player -for example if you go aftermarket, the bloody thing displays a 'com error' that you cant get rid of.
    if so i might be interested in someone obtaining one for me and shipping it over if theres a volunteer.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormie View Post
    to be honest its really only cosmetic differences between the two. oh and our steering wheel is on the correct side :P

the only place you guys got stinged was the i4 engine, i struggle to see how that moves! as our SOHC v6 isnt exactly blistering fast.
    would have loved to have had your DOHC v6 as an option in australia :(
    also were ony of your 9gs manual?

on another note...
    in the picture showing my centre console... the screen up the top, which for us shows time/temp/cd/radio... (we call it the multifunction display?) did any model of 9g galant have that... or even something similar? as when you disconnect the 380 cd player -for example if you go aftermarket, the bloody thing displays a 'com error' that you cant get rid of.
    if so i might be interested in someone obtaining one for me and shipping it over if theres a volunteer.
    No the I4 9G is auto as well. Only the I4 in the 4G Eclipse comes optional with a manual. The MIVEC heads from the 04-06 Pajero is a better option than the DOHC heads
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

haha i meant mivec when i wrote DOHC... brain explosion.

what do you guys do for manual conversions then? presumably the 380 manual box would bolt up to the 6g75 in your galants. only problem being the final drive ratio is retarded.

anyone able to tell me about the multifunction display?

Got any pictures with stock wheels to compare?

not my particular car but looked like this stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormie View Post
    haha i meant mivec when i wrote DOHC... brain explosion.

what do you guys do for manual conversions then? presumably the 380 manual box would bolt up to the 6g75 in your galants. only problem being the final drive ratio is retarded.

anyone able to tell me about the multifunction display?
    For the MIVEC heads, all you need are a relay and RPM switch. You want to keep the voltage between 11-11.5VDC to avoid burning the solenoids.

The only problem with the manual conversation is the damn PCM/ECM.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

ok updates.
    Since im a wanker and discovered that the avn726ea had been superceded by the avn827ea, i sold the 726 prior to installation and will buy the 827 soon. ah if only money were no object!

also been tweaking my exhaust again (now up to $4450!)
    installed a magnaflow 5" Resonator/Midmuffler and it has made an astronomical difference.
    with my varexs open the car has gone from sounding like a highpitched lawnmower to sound quite aggressive (for an auto!)
    with the varexs shut the sound has gone from raspy and embarrassing to quieter than stock- the tyre roar is louder than the exhaust. just the way i like it. (like quiet exhaust i dont particularly like tyre roar :D)

Looks good... Not my choice of wheels, but i love how it is coming along.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast