The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 08 Ralliart

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12

08 Ralliart

Hi,

I will get my 08 ralliart in a week and want to do the basic performance upgrades. While all the information is on here and I have been reading for 2 days straight, it all gets a little confusing.
    I want a CAi for which I have decided on Fujita.
    Then I want to lower. Still deciding between works and eibach.
    The exhaust headers? Are OBX lontubes the right way to go?

I am looking for part numbers of the above or active links as all of the old links are dead. Also are the above mentioned upgrades easy to do? Do they involve removing the OE and fitting in the new stuff or are there modifications required.
    I am a complete noob and as i live in kuwait there are very few if not NO people i can turn to for help. There are very few 4G eclipses here and NO ONE knows the V6 galant is the ralliart edition as it isn't badged or branded here. Any help would be really appreciated.

CAI - Fujita - Do it yourself
    Springs - Get WORKS - If you have the equipment you can do it yourself. Get bumpstops if your area has lots of pot holes.
    Headers - RIPP or OBX - You'll probably need a shop.. This isn't easy, and you might also need to stack the O2's (space them out a little).

**NOTE**
    - If you get headers you'll also need motor mounts.. the engine will flex under pressure and the headers can hit the frame of the car. Not good.
    - If you get headers you'll also need a ECU reflash... Your car will run rough with out it as your AFR's will be off. Or you can get a harness...I'd recommend the reflash, it's safer and since you can't get your car serviced over there probably a better bet as it's a "set it and forget it" kinda thing.
    [email protected] does the reflash, ask him about options.

Hope this helps,

-M

making sure... kuwait is left hand drive right? if right hand drive the vehicle has in all likelyhood come from australia and if thats the case ecu is different and hackish wont be able to help. all other parts are basically the same.
    Aussie 380 GT: 20s, full zorst, Brakes, Interior

Quote Originally Posted by Stormie View Post
    making sure... kuwait is left hand drive right? if right hand drive the vehicle has in all likelyhood come from australia and if thats the case ecu is different and hackish wont be able to help. all other parts are basically the same.
    Interesting... didn't know they made a different model ralliart.

Quote Originally Posted by monnewbie3 View Post
    Interesting... didn't know they made a different model ralliart.
    we didnt have a ralliart here... but when things get sold overseas they are often rebadged... like we didnt have diamantes here... but a diamante is really just a rebadged verada, and they were all built in adelaide.
    exterme longshot that the car the op is looking at has anything to do with OZ but thought it important to mention before he start looking at ecu stuff as we have different ECUs
    Aussie 380 GT: 20s, full zorst, Brakes, Interior

Thank you for the replies. I visited the dealer a few days ago and had a look under the hood of a similar model. It has the ralliart body styling but lacks the mivec engine :( very disappointed. I still have some hope and will know for sure once i get the car in 2 days :D and yes it is left hand drive but I think it is made in USA, I will confirm with the dealership.

Hmmm Probably the GTS then..

Yeah.Finally got it!! what a lovely car! guess it is the GTS since it doesnt have the mivec engine :( Its made in Normal, IL though. Can i still get the Fujita Intake? will it fit? Also any catback exhaust and muffler suggestions? I'll post pics soon. Thanks!

Post engine pics ! I live in Kuwait too ^^

if i remember correctly, you can get the fujita intake but one of the mounts wont line up exactly right

Quote Originally Posted by Samman View Post
    Post engine pics ! I live in Kuwait too ^^
    Sorry, I totally forgot about this post. Let me at least get an intake sorted and then i will post engine pics.