The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: would you replace your 8g with a 9g?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 63

would you replace your 8g with a 9g?

in case you need to replace your 8g now, would you replace it with a 9g? why or why not?

Please don't recommend any other brand/models, just want opinions on replacing the 8g with the 9g. thanks

No. I dont like the 9g body. I rather upgrade engine and call it a day.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

No. I dont like the way they look

Too bulky, IMO. The only 9G I'd consider, is the RalliArt, and nothing less.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    Too bulky, IMO. The only 9G I'd consider, is the RalliArt, and nothing less.
    Same here

I would but im biased. The 8G is looking really old. same as sylvias, r33/r34 skylines, etc the newest of these bodies are approaching 10 years
    but thats just me...
    Aussie 380 GT: 20s, full zorst, Brakes, Interior

8G galants are the sexiest sedans on the road. I wouldn't trade mine for a 9G.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

Dated? I think not.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMBA View Post
    in case you need to replace your 8g now, would you replace it with a 9g? why or why not?

Please don't recommend any other brand/models, just want opinions on replacing the 8g with the 9g. thanks
    NO. IMHO the 9G is fugly, the only thing I would replace my 8G is either with another one (with exact my same mods) or Evo IX-X. Nothing else.

'00 Patriot Red GTZ --> JDM'ed... 5 Speed... ...

Yes i would. Ive been thinking into the future and i can see my self doing a 5 speed swap with a 4g69 white galant with ralliart bumpers and tail lights. The ralliart looks very good and can look amazing with some tweaks here and there.

edit: yeah the 9g is big looking but well rounded big booty looking.
    edit: 8g looks better etc.. but i do wanna explore what hasnt been touched much.
    Last edited by Exhaust power; 08-19-2011 at 11:11 PM

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by HondaKillerGTZ View Post
    NO. IMHO the 9G is fugly, the only thing I would replace my 8G is either with another one (with exact my same mods) or Evo IX-X. Nothing else.
    This is 100% they way I feel! I personally think the 9g's are ugly, especially the 9gb. Looks like a camry in every way to me.

x2 for the 8g being the sexiest sedan on the road.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

haha like preaching christianity to islams. not to receptive.
    i look at the 8 g galant and see the te-th magna (te being introduced in 1996, th ceasing production in 2000.
    its the square front headlights and grille that make me think this.

it was the same with the public in australia. the tl and tw magna came out with huge revisions at the front end... massive triangular headlights, and more curves the australian public hated them... now 6/8 years later they fit in on the roads and the older magnas are looking really old. and while i wouldnt saw the tl & tw magna is selling like hotcakes on the second hand market, its def easier to sell one of those than the older te/tf/th/tj.
    Aussie 380 GT: 20s, full zorst, Brakes, Interior

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    This is 100% they way I feel! I personally think the 9g's are ugly, especially the 9gb. Looks like a camry in every way to me.

x2 for the 8g being the sexiest sedan on the road.

+1

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

the whole car or just the 8g engine with the 9g engine?
    J/K
    I do like some stuff on the 9g, the dash/instruments, the tail lights (from the facelifted version) and the side veiw mirrors, but that's it

in my opinion, I like my 8g a lot for many reasons, the 9g, well, I would never replace mine with one, though on the other hand if I had to, I would drive a 9g (a facelifed one) on a daily basis then have my 8g when I want to have some fun

No.

I'd do exactly what I did. Except keep my 8g and buy its replacement as a project.

Hell-Mutha-Fucking-No!!!

8G For Life, if I could I would have one for everyday of the week.

I see some nice 9G's from time to time, I keep meaning to stop this one guy in my community with a red Ralliart, but I can never catch him in or around his car. I'm not a fan of the 9G interior at all, and that could be a deal breaker for me, I spend my time inside the car, I gotta like its interior.

Plus I love the 8G too much. When it came out, I thought it was the most attractive family sedan in its price range. To me it has aged very well compared to Altimas, Camrys, Accords and Sonata's of the same era. You can find them at good prices used, and since we know the platform we can dig in and fix/mod things pretty easily, especially the 4G64. So, God forbid I need to replace mine, it'll be with a 4cyl with a moonroof!

Or a Diamante (Magna).
    I like the look of them very much, especially the first facelift version, not a fan of the angular headlight second facelift
    Pre facelift (1997-2001)

First facelift (2002-2003)

Second facelift (2004)

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post

Second facelift (2004)
    That shit looks like a lancer, I hate that front end. Someone at Mitsu really dropped the ball on that shit. Very dumb to get your "luxury" model and put and entery level face on it. Can you imagine all company's did that.
    Let me get a 2011 Maxima all big body and big dog but with the Sentra Front end.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    That shit looks like a lancer, I hate that front end. Someone at Mitsu really dropped the ball on that shit. Very dumb to get your "luxury" model and put and entery level face on it. Can you imagine all company's did that.
    Let me get a 2011 Maxima all big body and big dog but with the Sentra Front end.

This all day, wonder why I have never seen a 2004 on the road at all!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast