The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: would you replace your 8g with a 9g?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 63
    Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    This all day, wonder why I have never seen a 2004 on the road at all!
    I've seen plenty.

As for the Diamante sharing a design with the early Lancer...Mitsubishi was doing something called "Brand Identity". Ironically, Nissan did it with the B16 Sentra's introduction, basing cues off the 04-08 Maxima. Put an 04-05 Max next to a +07 Sentra...and it's obvious, even with the facelifted Maximas of 07-08.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforger View Post
    I've seen plenty.

As for the Diamante sharing a design with the early Lancer...Mitsubishi was doing something called "Brand Identity". Ironically, Nissan did it with the B16 Sentra's introduction, basing cues off the 04-08 Maxima. Put an 04-05 Max next to a +07 Sentra...and it's obvious, even with the facelifted Maximas of 07-08.
    Truth, but as you have noted, and I'll use oak's example, the 09+Maxima takes cues from the GT-R, the entry-level cars should borrow from the upmarket joints, not the other-way around. While I understand what they were trying to do, IMO they went too far, it didn't translate well on that wide front end.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Mitsubishi drop the ball one the 9g. It was a mistake. Plain in simple. The 8g looks like a sport car with the right mods. Nissan skyline look. Agressive bitch lol. The 9g is a big box for no reason. 8g all day. Mitsubishi should bring an updated 8g. It will be a killer on the market.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

There's just something about the way the 8G looks...while I've liked these cars before I started tinkering with the g/f's Galant, I've gotten a better appriciation for these cars. And just makes me wonder why Mitsubishi never continued to sell VR4 Galants in the US. The AWD systems on them alone would have made them sell better here.

I first got my attention set on these cars, oddly enough from the original Gran Turismo game. lol they just looked cool, and were fast. Nothing more satisfying than beating sports cars with a grocery getter. :P

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    No. Thats why I have a Challenger

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    no. thats why I have both.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Truth, but as you have noted, and I'll use oak's example, the 09+Maxima takes cues from the GT-R, the entry-level cars should borrow from the upmarket joints, not the other-way around. While I understand what they were trying to do, IMO they went too far, it didn't translate well on that wide front end.
    This. If Mitsu did the lancer with diamante style no prob. But to make your full size sedan that competes with Avalons and Maximas look like the basic entry level is the Prime Defenition of FAIL.

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    I gave back my 8G and got a 9G. It was OK. I really only liked the upgraded interior. I would have given it back for my 8G in a second! I would have only gotten the Ralliart if i had to do it over.

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

You know if I buy one, it has to be the Ralliart model but I'd make it look badass with 4G parts that are available for 4g owners, wheels that doesn't come off from a swagger car embedded in chrome, interior that doesn't have 4 tv monitors, and a cool exterior mods that doesn't include that bodykit that's floating on Ebay.

And if I do that, those who say no may, just may, reconsider their previous statement. Or not :)

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Mitsubishi drop the ball one the 9g. It was a mistake. Plain in simple. The 8g looks like a sport car with the right mods. Nissan skyline look. Agressive bitch lol. The 9g is a big box for no reason. 8g all day. Mitsubishi should bring an updated 8g. It will be a killer on the market.
    X2

The 9g has a really good side profile.

Throw some 19s on it with coilovers and a nice smooth lip like mines. Paint it white with gunmetal gray wheels and 5 speed swap and im sold. Both the 4g69 and 6g74 has potential N/A.
    Last edited by Exhaust power; 08-21-2011 at 05:30 PM

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust power View Post
    The 9g has a really good side profile.
    Throw some 19s on it with coilovers and a nice smooth lip like mines. Paint it white with gunmetal gray wheels and 5 speed swap and im sold. Both the 4g69 and 6g74 has potential N/A.
    the v6 is a 6g75 ... and it needs 20s!
    agree on the side profile. exact same side profile above as on the australian high spec models (VRX and GT)
    Last edited by Stormie; 08-23-2011 at 09:08 AM
    Aussie 380 GT: 20s, full zorst, Brakes, Interior

Quote Originally Posted by Stormie View Post
    agree on the side profile. exact same side profile above as on the australian high spec models (VRX and GT)
    20's would absolutely ruin the car. Looks great the way it is IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormie View Post
    Thats what i meant 75! it was a typo! 20s fit good aswell but if im on coilovers ill opt for 19s.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

20's ruin cars. doesnt look sporty on a 9g.. just makes it look stupid. 19's would be biggest. i like the 18's tho.

9g Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Hell-Mutha-Fucking-No!!!

8G For Life, if I could I would have one for everyday of the week.

x2

Quote Originally Posted by brent-ralliart08 View Post
    20's ruin cars. doesnt look sporty on a 9g.. just makes it look stupid. 19's would be biggest. i like the 18's tho.
    20's ruin small cars. the 380/9g is a large car. the size of the wheelarches make whatever rim sizeyou choose look an inch smaller all the attached are 20s. cant say none of them look sporty?

Aussie 380 GT: 20s, full zorst, Brakes, Interior

Looks like Donk to me. Eww.

-Chris-

To my personal taste the 8g looks better besides i got the non us interior so ... no problemm

I guessing what most response so far was that the wheel selections were widely influenced from the rap-hip hop culture?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast