The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Looking to invest in coilovers. Any recommendation?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Looking to invest in coilovers. Any recommendation?

I'm ready to drop my 'g'. I've been looking at post and reading threads that discuss the debate between spring/shock combinations and coilovers and I want to go with coilovers. Now my question is directed to you guys who have coilovers on your car (or know something about them). What is the best brand? Which ones do you recommend etc. etc.? Tell me about your experiences. Thanks.
    "We Do Not Sow."

Well, I have Tein's. It gives you the coil-over ride and performance, but the durability IMO isn't there. Blew front strut within 3 Months.

"best" is very subjective. do you want best lowering range or best ride or best handling or best adjustablilty or best price? they are not all the same type of coilover. it all depends on what u want/ expect. so what do u want/expect?
    Last edited by Reelax; 08-23-2011 at 02:34 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    "best" is very subjective. do you want best lowering range or best ride or best handling or best adjustablilty or best price? they are not all the same type of coilover. it all depends on what u want/ expect. so what do u want/expect?
    You bring up a very good point.
    I'd say he's referring to durability as in how long it will last before he needs to replace them again. I'm just assuming though.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    ive had Tien Basic Coil-overs for over a year already and ive had ZERO problems, the ride quality is good considering that they are coil-overs. im happy with them

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by E_Emerson88 View Post
    ive had Tien Basic Coil-overs for over a year already and ive had ZERO problems, the ride quality is good considering that they are coil-overs. im happy with them
    +1 about 2 years and never have a problem