The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Starting problems...

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    quicksilver1998

Starting problems...

I have 91 Galant GSX. When I try to start it the car would not crank none of the lights turned on so I figured that the battery was dead. When I jumped started it the Galant cranked but as soon as disconnected the jumper cables the Galant died. I dont know what is wrong maybe you guys can help me.

EVILGSX
    Hi I have a 90 GSX with a computer problem,,, your battery problem to me sound like the battery is shot, and wont hold any kind of a charge. Could also be the ALTernater is dead as a door knob too. need to get a friend with a volt meter to check out how much charge the ALT is putting out or jump start it and let it run with the jumper cables connected to try to charge the battery. check the voltage on the battery terminal, I think it would be higher than 13 or 14 volts, with the car still running take off the jumper cables and read the battery with the volt meter and if it any thing below 12 or 13 volts the ALT is not working correctly.

styles
    Its the alternator for sure.
    I replaced my whole ignition system, battery alternator and starter

you might want to replace the starter too, and save yourself the trouble later.

quicksilver1998
    Just got it fixed. It was the alternator fuse. It works like a champ now.

bongi