The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oil tank

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    jerseywave

oil tank

The repair guy told me that I have a dent in my oil pan and is leaking. He said that it's also the cause of the pump not having enough pressure and that is why i hear a high pitch (vent sounding, not loud) noise when i step on the gas hard...

what do you guys think? what should i do to fix the oil pan? is it a part that i need to go to a dealer for? how to fix it?

brandon
    This brings back some bad memories...

I bottomed out on my way to a show in New York about a year or so ago and lost my oil pan and tranny pan... they were dented beyond repair to the point that they both had holes in em...

You definitely need to get the pan replaced... I had the dealership do mine but I'm thinking it might not be too difficult a task.

jerseywave

ouch!

sorry to hear that!!!!

that picture of your black Galant looks good. I like the clear corner markers/rims/kit. Do you still own it?

I don't think I'm going to put anymore money into mine, but to clear corner markers - is that hard to do? also, did you upgrade your stereo/speakers in it?

I replaced my stereo, but am wondering what sizes are best for the front/rear speakers.

brandon
    That little accident was with my old Galant, same year and model, but it was maroon and all banged up anyway.

I bought my new black G in May and couldn't be happier with the way things are coming along... just wish I had more money to do some mods and less money to be spent on car payments!

So far I have the 18s (upgraded from my old 17s a couple months ago w/the money I made from selling my old car), the kit (still need to put the sideskirts on), coilovers, rear Tokico struts, CAI, magnecor wires, ngk plugs, reverse indiglos, indiglo pedals, carbon fiber e-brake cover, and the cleared corners.

Clearing the corners is pretty easy so long as you have a heat gun or hot blowdryer and a lot of patience... it's an attractive free mod.

Nothing done with the stereo other than a CD head unit. I plan to upgrade but I think I'm gonna work on the engine a little more before I do the system.