The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Why the galant just sits anymore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30

Why the galant just sits anymore.

Figured id show you guys why I dont worry about fixing the galant and just wanna get rid of it, heres my new toy.

IMG_9908[1] by Ryan Automatic, on Flickr

IMG_9878[1] by Ryan Automatic, on Flickr

IMG_9873[1] by Ryan Automatic, on Flickr
    I loveeeee the car, its my daily, its super dumped, and on 15x8.25 0 offset with 175/55/15's with a roll and slight pull.

Stays Flossin'

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Looks really nice

«Carlos»

That's pretty sweet. But how the hell do you DD something like that? I have a hard time in my galant and it's nowhere near that low. That's just crazy.lol

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

Nice Miata! ALways loved the older gen and how clean they look, especially dumped like that!

Very very nice man

Thanks everyone! I love the car, ive always wanted one as a kid and finally had the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by 98mgalant View Post
    That's pretty sweet. But how the hell do you DD something like that? I have a hard time in my galant and it's nowhere near that low. That's just crazy.lol
    The car is LOW. Its the lowest car ive owned, I put a brand new exhaust on it on a friday night, and by sunday it had completely clearenced itself while putting a hole in it.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/d0ppler3.../9/p8k-LwdTiGo

But the roads here are good in most spots, but theres bad spots as well, not gonna lie, theres alot of "tight butthole situations" while driving and a watch over the oil pressure gauge, but I dont drive the car like a baby, this car is driven, drifted, and generally beat on every damn day, and takes it like a champ. My frame rails have polished themselves, and the paints all scrapped off the subframe, but the oil pan sits a bit higher in the subframe so im good for now.

Stays Flossin'

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post

But the roads here are good in most spots, but theres bad spots as well, not gonna lie, theres alot of "tight butthole situations" while driving and a watch over the oil pressure gauge, but I dont drive the car like a baby, this car is driven, drifted, and generally beat on every damn day, and takes it like a champ. My frame rails have polished themselves, and the paints all scrapped off the subframe, but the oil pan sits a bit higher in the subframe so im good for now.
    LOL, self polishing frame rails ftw!

I love that gold on those wheels, daaamn. My friend has a neglected miata 5spd, I've drifted that accidently a couple times. They're actually a lot of fun to drive given how small they are, allmost like a go cart lol. Love how clean looking it is.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Yet another ruined Miata :(

I've kicked the idea around in my head about a Miata for a project. They are fun to drive but I would have to LS1 swap it since the 1.8 felt sluggish.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Nice job on your Miata! I love the look you are going for! Congrats and enjoy!

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    Yet another ruined Miata :(
    Guess somebody beat me to it.

Sorry man, being that low hinders the car's performance, and daily useage...why?

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

How so? I drive it every day and have done aggressive driving with it and no problems? I drive it as hard as any other car I've owned or tracked

Stays Flossin'

And the car has full suspension travel thanks to isc racing tophats.

Stays Flossin'

lol. That's the claim of every Miata owner who has lowered their car far too much.

'I HAVE ISC'

Sorry, but your suspension geometry is still hugely compromised. The wheels are heavy and weak. The tyres are excessively stretched. The offset is too low, putting unnecessary stress on other components. Etc, Etc, Etc.

That car was never designed to sit that low, you're just going to prematurely wear out suspension components and tires. Just because you can "drive" it hard, doesn't mean the car is setup right. The MX-5 is a favorite amongst hardcore Auto-X, Amature roadracers, and SCCA sanctioned race leauges, and I can tell you already...that is just an all around poor suspension setup.

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Car isn't meant as a track car, it's a daily with some fun weekends. As I wear stuff out it will be replaced with better, stronger components. I honestly don't care what autocross guys think, it's my car, if I was worried about it I would not have bought raceland style coils... It's meant as a fun car that is a daily for me.

Stays Flossin'

Proper suspension setups shouldn't be thrown out the window for the sake of "fun" and "low".

But that's just me.

Function over form, plz.

-Chris-

The only thing improper about my suspension is cheap coils, which will be replaced with something nicer downthe road, along with a full poly bushing set and adjustable arms and endlinks

Stays Flossin'

Leave da man alone Its his car let him drive how he wants

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast