The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: weird noise comin from passanger side front wheel well

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Icon4 weird noise comin from passanger side front wheel well

Well there's. This weird metallic noise that sounds like when you're stretching out a spring. This noise only occurs when I turn my wheels almost completely to the right. I did a quick inspection, the CV boots and it wasn't torn or leaking, my sway bar links all look intact, checked the free pplay on my bearings: there wasn't any. Only thing that I found out of the norm was the fact that my brake hose is kinked/twisted by the brake line which would prob explain some of my brake pulsation. I also hear a clanking noise when I go over bumps but I'm pretty sure that's causeI need new springs/struts.

So can anyone else give any help/hints on where this noise could be coming from?

Is it a clunk type noise, does it feel like anything is actually loose, or is it a rattle?

The noise sounds more like a spring that is being stretched out alll the way because I can only hear when I turn the steering wheel all the way to the right. I only checked the passanger side real quick and nothing was loose or broken. I'll check it more thoroughly when I have tine but I won't have time until Tuesday.

It is possible that the spring seats (essentially a rubber gasket) could be gone, allowing the spring to shift position, and have no insulation against impact.

01Galant2609
    I definately know what that noise is since it happened to me. Your stabilizer links need to be changed. i bought some crappy ones from autozone and they lasted for 2 weeks then i started hearing that noise. I'm ordering the moog ones from rockauto.com this week