The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Air Intake Duct??

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Air Intake Duct??

Ok, during the process of replacing the motor mounts. The little air chamber that is on the stock air intake duct near the throttle body came off. The question is it possible to put back on, if so how? If not suggestions? Called local auto store for a replacement and they didn't seem to know what i was looking for.

it was a snap fit the first time it went together but prob. not now I still have mine but dont know where you are for a while all i did was tape over whole so it drew like normal from the filter and picked one up at the jy

That peice is like a resonator on an exhaust but for the intake. On my 3G V6 when I broke it off and taped it like said above it gave it that CAI sound. I though it was cool so I broke off from the duct of the G :facepalm: but with the 4 cyl motor no extra sound. I just kept taping it because the heat would make fall off. Eventually got tired of taping and gave the 3g a real intake and got new oem tube for Galant off eBay.

Is the air duct really necessary to have? Mine kind of fell of a while back and I kept taping it on but got tired of doing so. So I just put tape around the little hole on the ai.

Quote Originally Posted by ALCALA View Post
    Is the air duct really necessary to have? Mine kind of fell of a while back and I kept taping it on but got tired of doing so. So I just put tape around the little hole on the ai.
    The only problem I see with that is the air is not filtured so after time it may cause problems in the long run?

Quote Originally Posted by ALCALA View Post
    Car won't run if the hole isn't covered whether its by putting the duct on or taping the hole. The air coming in is after the mass airflow sensor so it isn't being metered.

Quote Originally Posted by djhah View Post
    The only problem I see with that is the air is not filtured so after time it may cause problems in the long run?
    It won't run at all so filtration won't be an issue.

But it will be fine if the hole is Completly covered right?

^ Yes.

Lol thank you. I was getting confused for a bit