The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 99 V6 wont turn over.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

99 V6 wont turn over.

So i had a coolant hose leak from thermostat to throttle body. I decided to take off and drain radiator to replace coolant. I had to remove the air flow sensor and hosuing to get access to replace hose. after reinstalling everything, i put new coolant, and turned on car . running heat on high for thermostat to open. after about 5-10mins engine started to choke and shut off on me. it will not turn back on. after careful inspection my air flow sensor seem to have gotten a bit wet. also a small hose had detached from throttle seem to go back to fuel pressure regulator. the hoe was off while car was on. so i attached hose, checked everything, seem fine but car still willnot start. checked sparks, oil, coolant gas was low. so i went out and added a bit more gas, bumped car around and it turned on. let it run for a while, went to gas station to put more gas, when i got there turned off car, then turned back on to make sure it still turned on. I pumped gas into car, got in and car wouldnt start again. seems like that gas isnt getting all the way tru. any suggestions? advice? how could i get pressure into the fuel system again. could my pump be done?

maildennis2day
    open gas cap and have someone turn on the car while you listen if the fuel pump clicks . could be a bad relay. there are 4 things that a car needs to start fuel fire compression timing

HELP PLEASE, NYC G's

IS there anyone willing to lend a hand. I am dead broke this week, my car wont start im checking what i can to try to get it back to turnon. But if anyone out there living around Jamaica, Queens can lend a hand would really appreciate it. have no way of getting code read for check engine, even if someone has one and can get the code to see whats wrong.

hi! i have 98 mitsubishi galant and my engine light come on for that transmission ranger sensor. I have qustions do you think that sensor make my stering wheel Vibration, cauze when i put my car on drive my car is shaking? thank you

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    Sorry but I have to say something, you revive a thread 9 months old with an issue that not even close to the OP issue.

You car is shaking because you need to change your mounts.

I answered that on the 19th when you posted it on 2 other threads.

What aren't you getting!?

Check engine light for transmission range sensor means replace PRNDL/Neutral safety switch.

Vibrations at idle are caused by worn engine mounts.