The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: F4A42 Transmission problems, rebuilding tips n tricks

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
    brokenfuse

Icon9 F4A42 Transmission problems, rebuilding tips n tricks

hi all, i'm currently owned Proton Perdana V6 aka Mitsubishi Galant 7G 2.0l V6 24v with F4A42 AT, and my transmission got some problem.. it doesn't want to shift from 3rd to 4th gear.. it's happened when i changed the AT fluid last time.. firstly, i thought that i might be poured wrong fluid.. but when i've changed it back to stock AT Fluid the same problem still exist ..

now i'm planning to rebuild the transmission.. but i need some tips n trick to troubleshoot the problem and parts that really need to be replaced..

for now i'm just get some info on the net like , the overhauled manual book..

hope i can get some other resource here.. or someone that have done this project before..

Thank you.. i'll try to update my project from time to time..

P/S: forgive me for my bad english

BrokenFuse, Sorry I can't provide any advice or tips on transmission repair but could you post a link to where you found the transmision overhaul manual.

PS:your english is fine.
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

brokenfuse
    Quote Originally Posted by eksz View Post
    BrokenFuse, Sorry I can't provide any advice or tips on transmission repair but could you post a link to where you found the transmision overhaul manual.

PS:your english is fine.
    thanks for the respond eksz, i would like to know the actual part that need to be replace for my failure AT, or i should get the diagnostic tools n software to confirm my problem??..

i'll find back where did i get the manual and post it right here