The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ICE advice: 08 Galant GTS with Rockford Fosgate System

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

ICE advice: 08 Galant GTS with Rockford Fosgate System

So i just got the Galant GTS and though the rockford fosgate system is much better than any stock radio it doesnt compare to the alpine type R 6X9s I had in my Montero. So I went out and bought a pair of Alpine SPR69C and want to temporarily replace the rear speakers till i get the Metra dash kit (Back to that in a bit) but the wires that go into the speakers are weird and it isn't as simple as pluggin out and plugging back in. Has anyone replaced these speakers?

Regarding a complete upgrade this is what i got so far:
    1. Get the Metra 99-7012 dash kit to put in a dvd screen HU
    2. Get the Merta ASWC to retain steering wheel controls.
    3. Harness to use factory wires with new HU? Is it the Metra 70 7001 or 71 7001?
    4. Wire amp and run new speaker and RCA cables.
    5. Replace Speakers.

Please correct me if i am wrong and if anyone has any other suggestions.

Thanks,
    AD.

I believe the problem your talking about is the rockford fosgate proprietary speaker connectors.
    You can buy adapters from crutchfield which go from Rockford Forsgate -> Standard connectors. These should fit:
    http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1207103...s.html?tp=3097

You can also re wire them to be standard. My buddy did mine so I can plug and play any regular speaker. But it's probably easier to get the adapter listed above.

-M

Thank you for the reply. About the adapters, I live in kuwait and as soon as i have clarification on the radio harness mentioned above (Point 3), I will order everything i require and set up everything with new wires. So its not worth ordering the adapter.