The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Automatic Evo ecu question..

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Automatic Evo ecu question..

I recently purchased a evo 8 ecu and i was looking through base maps. I may have found stock base map off a Evo VII GT- A.. Which if im not mistaken is an automatic.. Now the question is can i just D/L this hex file and plug the ecu and will it work without the need of doing over harness? and mainly will the automatic tranny work?
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

the map may have the info but if the ECU doesnt have the wiring for the shift solenoids then its useless

Experienced TGC Member
    Your best bet is to simply tune your stock ROM file. Regardless if you start with an Eclipse, Evo, or Galant ROM file all still need to be tuned instead of just flashing one or the other to the ECU in favor of certain items being improved over the other.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Any reason on changing to a evo ecu?

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Any reason on changing to a evo ecu?
    Im planning on doing a complete Evo 8 swap in the galant, but im not planning on going crazy just stock swap and turbo.. but yet retain auto tranny.. I have the Evo head already and the ecu.. I spoke with Boomslang today and in the process of ordering a custom harness to have the ecu plug in.
    Evo 8 Head, BC 288/288 BC Springs & Retainers, Weisco Pistons and Eagle Rods 2.4 (Comperssion 9.5:1) ARP Headstuds and Mainstuds, Cosmetic Headgasket, New Clevite Bearings all around, Evo 8 Oil Pump, English Racing water pump, Gates Racing Timing belt, Findanza Adjustable cams, 2 255 walboro pumps, RC 1000s, AEM Rail, and 5 Speed swapped, powered by a 6262 T3 w/ .82 A/R.. WILL MY TRANNY HOLD THIS? Lets wait and see :)

You need to do a dual PCM/ECU. Even if you swap the rom on the evo ECU it wont understant the A/T due to different ping out on the ecu. The EVO8 ecu dont have the input and output signal for an A/T. Your best bet is to talk to SPD-FRK for a dual conversion harness.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 09-08-2011 at 02:20 PM

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

You need to do a dual PCM/ECU. Even if you swap the rom on the evo ECU it wont understant the A/T due to different ping out on the ecu. The EVO8 ecu dont have the input and output signal for an A/T. Your best best is to talk to SPD-FRK for a dual conversion harness.
    Dont take me wrong but is that a shop or is that a user on here ? i did a quick search and got some crap..

He's up there! ^

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome...
    -Andrew

I just called Boomslang Harnesses and i got a price quote of 350 for a custom made harness is this a good price?

Feeling this weird sensation, like feeling like a dumass lol thanks for that.. im going to pm him now..

Quote Originally Posted by Laidback8g View Post
    Feeling this weird sensation, like feeling like a dumass lol thanks for that.. im going to pm him now..
    We all do it some time or another...

Some worse than others ;)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 'cause I'm awesome...
    -Andrew

You will get the right info from him. He will tell you what to do.

SOHC Turbo

You will get the right info from him. He will tell you what to do.
    Hey ive seen some of your work with the reprograming of the stock ecu with the knock senor and all, if you need another guinea pig to test on let me know, im not far from the bx

Experienced TGC Member
    I just called Boomslang Harnesses and i got a price quote of 350 for a custom made harness is this a good price?
    Not plugging my own business or anything, but that is more than we charge to make our dual ECU harnesses. Do some research on the Boomslang harnesses before you buy. There are a number of members not only here, but in other forums that have had issues with improperly wired harnesses, wires missing, and so on.

In comparison, we actually took one of our harnesses and did a side by side of the Boomslang product and ours, this can be seen with photos on our website here;
    http://www.blackheartmotors.net/conv...ss/comparison/

We have made one of the Dual ECU harnesses already and I can tell you right now it is a very lengthy process to build them (roughly 9-10 hours). We retail these for $300.00 Shipped in the continental U.S. (*Note harness pictured did not have the potting compound we use added to the connector at the time).

These are very intricate harnesses to make since you are running two ECUs together, definitely not something I personal would have trusted Boomslang with given the cost, and their known track record just within customers of this community.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Not plugging my own business or anything, but that is more than we charge to make our dual ECU harnesses. Do some research on the Boomslang harnesses before you buy. There are a number of members not only here, but in other forums that have had issues with improperly wired harnesses, wires missing, and so on.

In comparison, we actually took one of our harnesses and did a side by side of the Boomslang product and ours, this can be seen with photos on our website here;
    http://www.blackheartmotors.net/conv...ss/comparison/

We have made one of the Dual ECU harnesses already and I can tell you right now it is a very lengthy process to build them (roughly 9-10 hours). We retail these for $300.00 Shipped in the continental U.S. (*Note harness pictured did not have the potting compound we use added to the connector at the time).

These are very intricate harnesses to make since you are running two ECUs together, definitely not something I personal would have trusted Boomslang with given the cost, and their known track record just within customers of this community.
    Yea i was actually checking out your site yesterday and im actually considering your harness more then others, il call you around the next week or 2 to order it..

$350 is the going price for boomslang harnesses. I do recommend using a harness instead of hacking up your stock wiring