The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Custom Dual Exit!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 31 of 31
    Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Sounds good, tips will def set off the look. Maybe you should cut-out the drivers side to look like passener side, would look better IMO. $800 sounds kind of pricey to me though...
    I have a body kit for the car, so it'll be done up to match both sides before I get it all painted. And pricey or not it a bit late now, but I can't say I have any complaints about $770 between all parts and labor. I also can't say it sounds raspy in person, and if after headers and intake it seems raspy I'll definitely look into a resonator.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NCamiolo View Post
    I have a body kit for the car, so it'll be done up to match both sides before I get it all painted. And pricey or not it a bit late now, but I can't say I have any complaints about $770 between all parts and labor. I also can't say it sounds raspy in person, and if after headers and intake it seems raspy I'll definitely look into a resonator.
    Yeah its kinda late now, but I got quoted @ my local muffler shop $300 for dual exhaust upgrade on my parents '65 mustang (piping & mufflers), & $500 on '67 Chevelle (headers, piping, mufflers). So yeah IJS...
    But if your happy thats all that matters.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Yeah its kinda late now, but I got quoted @ my local muffler shop $300 for dual exhaust upgrade on my parents '65 mustang (piping & mufflers), & $500 on '67 Chevelle (headers, piping, mufflers). So yeah IJS...
    But if your happy thats all that matters.
    Yeah I'd say I'm happy with it, I mean I paid $370 just for the HFC and two Magnaflows alone, then a custom Y-pipe had to be fabricated, but I think what through them the most was getting the second pipe over and they still unfortunately went under the gas tank, but I'll give them props for all the bending they did.

Quote Originally Posted by NCamiolo View Post
    Yeah I'd say I'm happy with it, I mean I paid $370 just for the HFC and two Magnaflows alone, then a custom Y-pipe had to be fabricated, but I think what through them the most was getting the second pipe over and they still unfortunately went under the gas tank, but I'll give them props for all the bending they did.
    o the price makes more sense if u had to buy a cat. it's good that they went over the rear cross member since going below decreases ground clearance greatly. also just FYI, that's not the gas tank, it's the spare tire well.

my piping is very similar, here's a pic of my cars piping and bends:

one more to show ground clearance:

Very Nice Reelax, SS Camaro tips? kinda hard to find aren't they? and you think lowering on coilovers is doable for me? I'm getting discouraged a bit with this project, starting to think I should have just bought a newer turbo car. I want a good sound and a fun ride, but getting that extra power is expensive with labor, not worried about parts. Know of anyone in Jersey that likes to help our kind lol?

Dont get discouraged man, best thing you can do with the V6 platform is swap for the 6G74 or 6G75, with MT swap and some bolt-ons. Then you would have a very fun car to drive.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

X2^ 6g75 ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

That's a whole new headache....I'm going to look at a '94 RX-7 today, so the galant may become just a bodykit'ed daily driver with an exhaust lol

240SX (S13) is great platform with loads of potential...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

This RX7 is clean as hell, I'd dare to say immaculate, and was just rebuilt with a single turbo conversion. not to mention if i keep it long enough for something to break, i'm throwing a corvette engine in it lol been a dream of mine since i was little

Quote Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
    A car is almost never worth more just because it's modded.

Just saying ;)

I however don't like the WRXs but I would much rather prefer a turbo than none lol
    give me the new Subaru BRZ and turbo it ANYDAY!

oh and hai jaygirl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12