The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ecu tuning

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

ecu tuning

well im trying to figure out how to get a definition that was sent to me in a email to ecuflash! my buddy told me to do this:

Go onto your c drive then look for program files, open the one folder called open ecu, then look for a folder called romedata, then Mitsubishi then galant. Place the definition I gave you on that folder. It is the file with the numbers. Once there close all folders. Make sure ecuflash isn't opened when you do this. Next save map on your desktop, then open it up and it will open. Flashing map to car is done the same way you read it except you will be selecting write to ecu with the correct map opened

so after doing this i open the ecuflash and went to that folder with my def and it wasent there but when i close ecuflash and go straight to that file its there.im lost lol any help will be great
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    You don't open the definition file in EcuFlash. You open the ROM file, and the program automatically refers to the definition file for the proper setup. Don't mess with/open the definition file if you don't know how to edit it.

The file you are trying to open is a .hex or .bin (ROM) file, not a .xml (definition).

X2. Make sure you dont change any setting on the rom since you are new on ecuflash. Look at it and learn what the maps are for dont flash the pcm. Also make a copy of your stock rom and save it name it "stock rom". Place it on a save place. Make a copy of that one and name it the rom id "the xml id or a name that will be different from the other" make 3 gear pulls and log on evoscan. And idle log for like 14 min. Talk to spd_frk for a base tune "a fee will apply"
    Last edited by Isaurio; 09-10-2011 at 09:17 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

lol Isaurio I think you mean "a fee will apply".

But Isaurio is correct about backing up the stock ROM. I have it backed up in like 3-4 places just in case. Before you mess around with your ROM, I would take a quick look at the other sample ROMs that you might have, just to get used to EcuFlash.

Lol ups fixed. I had a long day today.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

ok now its showing maps does this look correct?

[09:45:25.532] 96720008 (44 tables) inheriting evo7base (73 tables)
    [09:45:25.534] 82700002 (0 tables) inheriting 96720008 (74 tables)

Do the maps look correct? Whoever wrote the definition may have chosen to include previous set-up tables instead of having to rewrite a lot of them. Doing this can be a lot faster.

check on gt site (ecu tuning) my whole def/map was all screwed up!! FOR REAL

YES is a no go with that xml. Thats what happens when you dont wait. Wait for a professional xml just for your ROM. I'm almost done with it.

SOHC Turbo

ok thanks alot bro!

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    check on gt site (ecu tuning) my whole def/map was all screwed up!! FOR REAL
    Not only was his definition screwed up, it was not even "tuned" as he was told by the tuner.

I pulled up the ROM file with the correct definition (thanks Isaurio) and have gone over all of the tables, as well as a few others that were not in the previous definition file at all. From looking at the two ROM files Marlon sent me (his stock and the tuned one), very little appears to have been tuned on anything, and those items that were tuned were not completed as they should have been.

First up is the High Octane Fuel Map (Top table is Stock ROM, bottom is Tuned);

Now as you look at the 3d graph things appear very similar, however if you look at the tables from 20% load, from 4000RPM down there is more fuel being added to this tune. The AFR goes to 10-10.5 under WOT due to this adjustment. This was obviously dumping too much fuel and killing the power in the top end areas where these heads are known for poor air flow. Too much fuel, and not enough air...you are basically drowning the engine's performance.

Second we have the Low Octane Fuel Map (Top table is Stock ROM, bottom is Tuned);

Not much to be said here other than the fact that this table was never touched from Stock. The High and Low Octane maps work together...tune one, you tune the other...period. This was not done...another failure of the tuner's job.

Third, this is the High Octane Ignition Map (Top table is Stock ROM, bottom is Tuned);

What can I say here besides simply piss poor work?

Using the "copy & paste" shortcut to check the High Octane Ignition maps from stock to the tuned version, this tuner simply highlighted all cells from 0-100% load, from 1000-7000RPM and subtracted 1* of timing. I can hit the paste & undo shortcut on my keyboard and watch every value in this range simply drop 1*. The Low Octane Ignition map was never even touched, just as the Low Octane Fuel Map.

Simply put this tuner failed in every aspect of his job and full responsibility of tuning his client's vehicle, that is very cut and dry for anybody to see here. This is something that is starting to become more common it seems from all over, we have documented a number of vehicles here in Colorado who were supposedly tuned, yet nothing was truly tuned, or even to the full potential one would expect from paying for a tune.

With the Galant platform seeing very little support for the aftermarket, and now tuning as we are pushing the platform forward (which btw some tuners are still learning to catch up with us), you have to be careful and know for sure if you are getting what you pay for...not to mention having a tuner who knows what they are doing.

If any of you are looking for tuning services shoot me an email and we would be happy to help.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net