The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Calling all 02-03 G 5 SPD swapped members

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 65
    Here a video, I drove the car for a few miles. To see if the PCM will react to the patch. But is all good. And the right way to do it.

This is a 02 Galant ES 4G64 5 SPEED STOCK PCM. Is 100% for emission test.

Next is to get the speedometer working. I believe not 100%, I'm about 85% that we could get the speedometer working thru the PCM without taping to the harness. I will try this week. DION and me are working on it.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 09-20-2011 at 01:34 PM

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

good looking out for the 02-03 Galants. We all know the 02-03 Gs are the faster Galants :)

^^^Thanks, brother. Thanks for your support.

QNZ... LOL. Yeah fast fast. lol

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

would it be the same for 01 galants who dont wanna swap to the 2000 ECU? i Beleive its the same codes when 5spd swapped

Does the 01 galant have the issue?
    It should be the same 01-03 has the same CPU CHIP. "SH ROM" "HITACHI" Meaning it should have the same hex code as the 02-03 roms.
    99-00 uses the "H8" CPU chip. 99-00 they bring a speed sensor like the manual transmissions, meaning the PCM don't depend or don't look for the a/t signal, such as shift solenoids, torque conv, and input and output speed sensor. Thats why they don't get a transmission CEL when going 5 speed. as long they have that speed sensor working.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 09-20-2011 at 12:48 PM

SOHC Turbo

Good shit!!!!! Now i just need to get my stuff so I can have you work on what we talked about!

Sounds good. send me a pm or text so we could discuss when you are ready.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 09-20-2011 at 12:52 PM

SOHC Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    I pushed and pushed Isaurio to do the research because he understands how this stuff is written within the rom and all his hard work is paying off, and FYI there is no hook ups there's a donation for the weeks of time spent working on this fix for all you guys! Good work brother sure am proud of you!!!
    what do you mean by donations? Because forums usually help out members with complicated stuff ya know. People on forums find ways to fix stuff to make everything good to go, not to make money. just my opinion

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

the 01 has the speed sensor just like the 99-00, just has the codes for the shift solenoids, the option was to use a 2000 ECU and u wont have any issues, but u lose the option to tune the ECU

I also agree with Dion....this isnt ur average DIY fix, this is a fix that has to be done via PC by modifying the hex codes in the computer, so yeah, i think he should offer it as a paid service, whether or not he emails u the rom with the code or whether u come to him to get it done....its still a service which he did all the programming vs a DIY mod that anyone can do

plus a 1 time payment for a lifetime fix, isnt a bad thing, think of how many times people gotta pay off people to get their emissions passed because of a CEL, think every year ur paying for that vs $50-$100 once...shit i'd do it
    Last edited by QnzMostWanted; 09-20-2011 at 02:27 PM

^ QNZMostWanted hit it on the nail. Yes this was not a easy task to do. A lots of hr trying to get the right code to work. and every rom is different, the patch has to be made specific for your rom. Is not a universal thing. DeezNutz is the only one that have seem my trial and errors also my FAILS with this thing. There some times i get so frustrated that i just want to leave this shit alone and swap PCM. But thats the easy way out. Our own PCM have a lot potential as the eclipse manual or any other PCM. I have converted my 2002 PCM from a a/t to a m/t computer. With working KNOCK SENSOR, And A/T pin deleted for CEL.

I have proven all 99-2003 galant are flashable and are good for tuning. People have said that they are not flashable or not good for tune is because they don't have a working XML definition for their rom. Every rom is different and have their own hex code.

Like i said 99-00 is a H8 ROM. Is a little more difficult to decode because is a 5 memory or 5 bit number.
    01-03 is a SH ROM this a 4 bit memory. a little more easy since is 4 number to work with in the most part LOL, but still a challenge.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 09-20-2011 at 02:52 PM

SOHC Turbo

This is like a tune, it's something you'd pay for. We don't pay for the tutorial for a rear disc conversion, for example, but a tune for your computer you can't expect to be given, but I don't think Gman meant it like it should be free regardless, I think he thought it was a simple little find for the community, which it turns out it's not. Good work again, Isaurio!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

^Thanks bro.

SOHC Turbo

Nah I knew it wasn't a simple find, I deal with hex code all the time on my jet, that shit ain't fun. If you can make 02-03 ecu as adjustable as the evo8 ecu, thats cool. EcuFlash is free, sure you have to buy a cable, but as far as programming go, it's totally free. Most of the xml bases for the evo were done for free, by people that did the same thing you just did. I'm not saying you shouldn't get $$ for it, but I'm not saying you should either. It is nice that you did find this out though.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

yes base roms are done for free, but from the base u still need to go to a tuner and u have to pay for that....same concept, no tuner is gonna go thru the code and get rid of the CEL codes for u....so its not EXACTLY the same, this is a custom process that is unique to each rom

Thats right. and programing is not free. A programmer is not going to sit for 48hr of work of decoding for free. Unless he loves you or you are a family member or something, i think not even. Base tune is a base tune. If i have a base xml i have no problem to give it up for free. But if i have to find the memory locations and define it from scratch is not a two second process, if it was up to that everyone will do it, and we wont be having this conversation. Is not like you go to a shop with all your 5 speed swap parts and give to it mechanic just because they know how to do it and they have the tools he will do the swap for free.

Lets not get off topic here. If you want to get stuff done you need to work for it and pay for a given job or effort. Nothing is free in life. Specially if you have too put a giving amount of effort and time to the work or a item.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 09-20-2011 at 05:21 PM

SOHC Turbo

Experienced TGC Member
    Liek anything, "you gotta pay to play" folks.

The V6 big maps patch was also a donationware item to help with its development. This is no different considering how very few are even actively, or remotely interested in pushing this platform's advancement.

Isaurio this is great work man, this is something the overall Galant community has needed for a few years!

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

it seems like some people have lost sight of the tgc family, helping fellow members out for the good of the platform. do you see Tephra mods being sold on evom? no its donate if you appreciate the work... not pay or i'll keep it to myself.

everyone's out for themselves and trying to make a quick buck. how much do you really think your going to make off this lol... is it really worth it trying to sell it?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Experienced TGC Member
    The thing people need to remember is this is a Galant community & not an Evo community. This community has 1, maybe 2 people who can be considered "developers" for the ECU stuff. The Evo community has several devlopers who have worked on, and are still working on the ECU stuff.

Everything there is donationware, and that community definitely shows their support financially (obviously as you can see from the massive advancement), otherwise they would be reluctant to willingly post & share the information.

Software programmers/Developers generally make $100+ an hour for this stuff, so it is not much to ask of the community to contribute a little bit financially for something that nobody else here, or anywhere else, has touched whatsoever to this point.

If the community doesn't contribute, then it isn't worth 1 person's free time to do the work for hundreds. Heck, look how few proper definition files exist for the Galant platform alone until Isaurio has stepped in to make them. People can continue to bust his balls about this, but you have options...you either want it or you don't.

Donate to the overall cause and contribute for continued developements, or go buy an ECU and swap it in, re-wire it yourself, or buy a conversion harness...one way or another you will spend money. The one option you will clearly spend more, and it won't contribute to this platform's overall advancement.

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    it seems like some people have lost sight of the tgc family, helping fellow members out for the good of the platform. do you see Tephra mods being sold on evom? no its donate if you appreciate the work... not pay or i'll keep it to myself.

everyone's out for themselves and trying to make a quick buck. how much do you really think your going to make off this lol... is it really worth it trying to sell it?
    Think about this:
    Not only has he fixed a longterm issue, he is also talking about helping us out. Yeah, it'll cost a few bucks, but to be honest, i don't mind. He put the time, and energy into it, and deserves some kind of reward. What are you going to do when you car is due for inspection and your CEL is on?

Wouldn't it be worth it to be able to swap, tune, and then be good to go? What if the money we pay him leads to more innovations? There's ALWAYS room to improve, and we cars like ours, the sky is the limit. I feel that he deserves something.

I do see what you are saying, underrated. We still are a family... Look at C3G. Post one topic with incorrect grammar, and you're flamed into nothingness. Anytime i have needed help, the Admins and Mods have always been there, along with many other members. We care about each other... Amirite?
    -Andrew

Thats how much people sits and think about what they are saying. Not One member here knows how much is for my work except dezz. What do you think if a company have a patch for the pcm. How much will you willing to pay? Will you pay $300 or will you pay manual ecu and harness. Or fail or pay 100 a year for emission. People if you dont like it. There is nothing i could do. All i know i work my ass off for this and i got it going for my g. At least im not a ass and say fuck it i did my part. But im here trying to help out and finding things for everyone.

I just dont like people comparing shit with other. Dude why dont anyone have done something about our platform? Its been 12 years without someone getting it done. Not evom and not club3g. You know why because people wont do it for free. They wont sit for many hrs decoding shit like i did.

I did my homework. What do you think? i asked tephra guys for help and the guy from club3g acumus. What do i get 0, nada, jack. Just because i was asking for help or free answers.

I'm not trying to make quick bucks on here just getting reward for my work. Not a 2+2 shit.

Anyways this is getting out off hand. You know what worth what.
    Last edited by Isaurio; 09-21-2011 at 10:09 AM

SOHC Turbo

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast