The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Air Filters?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Air Filters?

It's about to become painfully obvious to all of you that I am a female car knowledge rookie and as far as cars go, all I know is how to drive them. I am here because my husband has started to believe that I can't really do things on my own. For the past month, he has been talking about how his car needs a new air filter and I'm going to prove him wrong by buying one and installing it in his truck! Step one was to start searching for where to buy them. I looked online and found this website that sells discount filters. I have no idea if these filters are the same kind of filters that go in vehicles. Can someone tell me if there is a difference between house air filters and car air filters? Does that place have the car kind? My second question is how to install them into the truck? Seriously, thank you so much for any help! Try to hurry with your answers, I want to have this done by this weekend!

It is very simple to install an air filter.Go to your local auto parts store tell them the year of the truck and the engine in it if it is a v6 or v8.There are either clips and clamps on it or like 5 screws to undo take them off and the air filter housing will come off.Take the old filter out put the new one in and put either the clips or screws which ever it has back on and you are done.Also Welcome it is nice to have a female here interested in cars.There arent to many interested in cars thats for sure.
    Last edited by galantlvr34; 09-13-2011 at 10:39 AM

Gotta love spam accounts. Locked and user banned.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.