The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Cop Pulled Me Over - Brake Light Problem

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Cop Pulled Me Over - Brake Light Problem

so today a cop pulled me over and said that my right brake tail light didn't work, so i just checked it and it did work although it seemed kinda dim, so what's the problem? could it be wiring or just a bulb? also, if it were the bulb, how would i change it?

Did you check the parking and brake filaments in the bulbs? One side can go out, and the other work fine. Example: I have my lights on, and all work ok. Hit the brakes, and one side is out.

Just pull the carpet from the inside of the trunk in behind the tail lights. You'll see the harness. Just twist em out!
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    Did you check the parking and brake filaments in the bulbs? One side can go out, and the other work fine. Example: I have my lights on, and all work ok. Hit the brakes, and one side is out.

Just pull the carpet from the inside of the trunk in behind the tail lights. You'll see the harness. Just twist em out!
    coolbeans, thanks, for the info i needed it
    today sucked...i felt good cuz i changed the oil and filter and painted the drum brakes and then that cop stops me and talks like a straight up ass jack -.- he killed my buzz XD

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    yea, one side can go bad. it will go on but when braking wont get brighter. they are easy to do and cheap to replace.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service