The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ddm hid's

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

ddm hid's

Anyone having issues with the ddm hid's? This is my third set and my right balast blew out again (i checked by switching out components). I'm not really sure what's going on. I doubt it's an electrical malfunction from my car because both the right and left balasts are hooked up to the left wiring harness (i got the 9007 hi/lo). I didn't have the hi/lo before so they were previously hooked up to their respective harnesses. They are said to be water proof, but I have a feeling it has to do with water damage. I have the balasts mounted under the metal arms in the corners. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a better place to mount them? Does anyone know of a more reliable hid kit vendor (ddm's customer service is horrible too)? Thanks in advance!

I'm currently running them on the stock harness. Should I maybe get the dual in dual out harness?

I'm thinking 35w 6000k 9007 hi/lo with dual in out harness.

Oh another question: will the 6000k give me that blueish tint seen on newer stock hid's? I've been running 5000k's so far and they're just too white for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by ajdesidevil View Post
    I'm currently running them on the stock harness. Should I maybe get the dual in dual out harness?

Oh another question: will the 6000k give me that blueish tint seen on newer stock hid's? I've been running 5000k's so far and they're just too white for my taste.
    I ran 6000K for three years, they have a hint of blue. But not blue enought to hurt your visibility. Trust me, you DON'T want blue headlights. ;)

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

yeah haha.. then 6000k is exactly what i'm looking for.

yeah haha.. then 6000k is exactly what i'm looking for.
    I'd recommend getting them from this company:

HIDNY.com

That's where I got mine from, very good quality, good warranty too.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar

#HIDmisunderstanding

OEM HID has never been anything but 4100-4300k. The blue you see is from the light being refracted off of the cut-off shied within the projector and then refracted going through the lens of the projector. the only way to get that is to do a Retrofit on your headlights.

5000k k is way better than 6000k i have 6 and i really wish i woulds got 5's..
    6's are too blue.

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    If they are 55 Watts that could be issue bcz our cars are setup as 35 Watts...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    you don't need 55w though. It just blasts everywhere with BLUe SHITz

When you buy a Hi/Lo kit from DDMtuning you don't need any extra harnesses, it's all included in the kit.

If you buy from DDM, 6000k 35w would be plenty.
    I have 6000k 55w and they and white and bright.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    If they are 55 Watts that could be issue bcz our cars are setup as 35 Watts...
    It doesn't really matter, in fact the stock filament bulbs run at 55w on our cars.

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    you don't need 55w though. It just blasts everywhere with BLUe SHITz
    Actually 55w washes the color off some so you really have less blue. 55w looks like a brighter 5000k 35w.

I personally and strongly suggest you run 55w in headlights only, you will and I repeat WILL melt your fogs. I don't have issues with blinding other drivers since I'm anal about headlight aiming so mine reflect lower. I want real projector retrofit, just has no monies.