The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: did you de-badge your front?

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    schick

did you de-badge your front?

I didn't know that under the Mitsu diamond on the front were two holes.
    I took mine off and saw those, after I had broken the badge.

What did you do to fill yours in?
    I figured just a bondo and repainting job would do it.

OR do you where to get a replacement one, other than the dealer?
    (I'm sure it'll be like $50 or some outragous price from the dealer)

MitsuMan
    schick,
    go to junkyarddog.com they can take one off a busted galant and send it to u, cheaper and u really dont need a new one,...unless u want to pay 50, in that case i will get one for a few dollars and sell it to u for 50, i can use all the money i can get!...lol

dre24k
    what holes?
    just kidding

i just left them there til new paint job and get the holes filled in later

cant see the holes anyway

TurboGalant
    Can you replace that front badge with a larger silver one from a newer Eclipse or Montero?

MitsuMan
    i dont see why not, the hols might not line up, but if it is bigger it will cover the old holes, just get a drill and go to town on your car.......lol

dre24k
    great more holes

I debadged the whole thing.

With the kit and airbrush job, people ask if I'm sporting an Accord or an Eclipse. How dumb are people? I guy that owned an Accord asked me if I was in his online club, that a moron.

Galant Ryder
    my front was pretty banged up when i got my ride. i heard that on the 94-96 versions of the 7g the front T-bar is very weakly designed. that is y it was changed for the 97-98 versions. so when i got it banged backout the guy just made it the way it was before but just without the holes. it looks great now.

Those holes are there! They are a pain in the ass but you know the saying...do what you want. I get the whole mistaken identity thing too. I have been asked more times if my car is a freakin civic than I can count. The only symbol on the car is the BLUE one I have in the front.

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

cantbeatmy97
    buy some plastic doles at home depot or sumthing i took mine off too and there are holes im gonna go there and fill them in break them off to keep them in or super glue them

IllestGalant
    I also debadged, there are many people who have said it looks like a bmw 5series...yeah lol i wish. the two holes were easily plugged with
    some fiberglass and then painted over.

i just took my old badge made some new diamonds and used some m3 double sided tape and its on there good now

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Wow, you revived an 8 year old thread.....

Experienced TGC Member
    i was wondering what the hell was up with all of the guests replying and shit.. LOL

Actually, all the 'guests' were formally members before the board database change.